Rich. L.

I've receive dubious news from unconfirmed sources that:

"Internal auditor shall be qualified by attending IAOB approved training."

Have you guys receive anything on this?

regards
Rich. L.

D

db

I have not heard that this has been verified. TS says that auditors must be competent in TS 16949 (8.2.2.5), but then refers to 6.2.2.2, which does not prescribe any one method. I don't even see where they have to have any specific class.

W

wcsf - 2008

Rich, I have been informed about this requirement by 2 of the CB operating in my country. I believe it is from the same source (same trainer different session of the training). I posted this question to this forum and seems like most of the forum members do not agree. However I have also sent enquiry message to the IAOB and the reply as below: -

***Referring to the clause you mentioned, we can only say that internal auditor must be trained by a qualified internal audit course. At this moment no IATF requirements about training provider are issued.****

I actually required a better definition what is "qualified internal audit course" and waiting for reply. As of this moment, there is no sanctioned interpretation is issued.

D

db

Required training

As of this moment, there is no sanctioned interpretation is issued.

I would be rather surprised if you see one. The internal costs to the B3 would be staggering to suddenly have all their IAs go through an “official” training session. It doesn’t make sense to take someone who is already experienced at auditing QS or ISO and force them to attend additional training just because the criteria changed. Of course, since it doesn’t make sense, that means they will probably do that very thing. Personally, I think it is stupid!

A

Al Cohen

Rich, the Internal auditor only needs certain qualifications if your customers have asked for them (You should just ask your customers what is needed). Obviously your internal auditor needs to have sufficient experience/knowledge of TS to complete successful audits but their respective qualifications are defined by your customers...

Look at (4.17.3)

Knowledge is the bomb and I thank you -

TIM LOVEJOY (SOCCER AM)

G

Gayle215

I'm new to the site so I don't know if I'm late with this or not. Though TS doesn't state how you obtain your qualifications, customer specific requirements might. Ford Motor has a requirement that is pretty close to stating that you must be certified.

Reactions: db
D

db

Gayle215 said:
I'm new to the site so I don't know if I'm late with this or not. Though TS doesn't state how you obtain your qualifications, customer specific requirements might. Ford Motor has a requirement that is pretty close to stating that you must be certified.

No you're not late, although the Ford customer specifics for internal auditing have been discussed in other threads. But you are correct. The Ford requirement sent a lot of scampering about.

howste

Thaumaturge
Trusted Information Resource
Ford did relax the qualifications for those providing the training in their last CSRs, but they definitely are the most prescriptive in what they will accept.

D

db

howste said:
Ford did relax the qualifications for those providing the training in their last CSRs, but they definitely are the most prescriptive in what they will accept.

Would it be possible to post the new qualifications? I scheduled for Lead Auditor training (again, I'm already RAB certified) with the AIAG because Ford told one of the registrars I deal with that we had to have at least one instructor through the AIAG class.

S

Sam

db said:
Would it be possible to post the new qualifications? I scheduled for Lead Auditor training (again, I'm already RAB certified) with the AIAG because Ford told one of the registrars I deal with that we had to have at least one instructor through the AIAG class.

They can be downloaded from the IAOB website.

Top Bottom