Looking for an Approved vendors list template

bryan willemot

Involved In Discussions
looking to find someone to share an Approved vendors list using Excel, ours is very rough to read and doesnt meet the scope of AS9100D, am doing an Audit now, could use help please

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
looking to find someone to share an Approved vendors list using Excel, ours is very rough to read and doesnt meet the scope of AS9100D, am doing an Audit now, could use help please
Hello Bryan,

Why doesn't your ASL meet the scope of AS9100? Do you think the Microsoft version would work?

These Approved Vendor Lists are older, but still in Elsmar Attachments.

Last edited:

bryan willemot

Involved In Discussions
Jen,
I was just taken out to the shed on our vendor list and apparently it was a minor comment on our last audit, and since it wasn't addressed the last time it is now a major, our AS9100D auditor remarked that there was no flow for our AVL, our Procurement manager was in charge of it, and now i'm charged with taking control of it. I have attached the list that was reviewed

Attachments

• Approved Vendor List rev E 2018-04-25.xls
    75 KB · Views: 213

bryan willemot

Involved In Discussions
Johnny,
Yes a minor non-conformance, and now its a major non-conformance. Party audit? its a AS9100D re-certification, i just finished the audit, that's my only Non-conformance

JimS

Involved In Discussions
our AS9100D auditor remarked that there was no flow for our AVL

Is this more a question of process than content? How are changes to the AVL managed?
And the info on the revision tab - is that related to the form itself or the content? Whatever it is, there are no recorded updates since 2017.
I don't recall what requirements AS9100 may have regarding control of the AVL. Perhaps you should ask the auditor for some clarity on the finding.

bryan willemot

Involved In Discussions
Jim,
"Review of the AVL has listing of the supplier, approval method, initial approval, last and next evaluations, ISO / Cert expiration date, etc" was the minor non-conformance during the last audit, it's a major Non-conformance now because the minor was never addressed (10.2.1). There is overlapping forms, the reviews are lacking the 3 year re-evaluation. it leads to appearance of missing or inaccurate information, the materials manager kept this AVL because the company didn't have a quality manager for a year. I'm not here to argue apples and oranges, I am asking for some good templates to look at for assistance so we can fix what's broken. this was written up as (AS9100D 10.2.1) Non-conformity and corrective action. I look at our own AVL and i'm lost as far as the flow goes, there hasn't been any Supplier audits for the obvious reason of the pandemic and not being able to go on-site.

JimS

Involved In Discussions
Fair point - we were straying from the original ask. I'm still not sure what's missing from your current AVL form, it looks pretty good to me. Regardless, I'm sorry but I don't have a template to share. I'm no longer in the AS9100 world. Our current "AVL" is contained within our ERP system and isn't a standalone list. I wish you well.

Mike S.

Happy to be Alive
Trusted Information Resource
Jim,
"Review of the AVL has listing of the supplier, approval method, initial approval, last and next evaluations, ISO / Cert expiration date, etc" was the minor non-conformance during the last audit, it's a major Non-conformance now ...

FWIW, here's my opinion....

A good problem statement, in this case a good report of nonconformance, is required before one can know what needs to be done to solve the problem/NC. IMO, what you have in quotes above is not a good problem statement. Maybe I'm being dense, but it doesn't make any sense to me.

Any decent auditor, especially a 3rd party auditor, would list the requirement, a statement of nonconformance, and then the objective evidence supporting their finding. Without that, I'm not sure anyone here can help you unless they're psychic.

Cari Spears

Super Moderator
Leader
Super Moderator
Jim,
"Review of the AVL has listing of the supplier, approval method, initial approval, last and next evaluations, ISO / Cert expiration date, etc" was the minor non-conformance during the last audit, it's a major Non-conformance now because the minor was never addressed (10.2.1). There is overlapping forms, the reviews are lacking the 3 year re-evaluation. it leads to appearance of missing or inaccurate information, the materials manager kept this AVL because the company didn't have a quality manager for a year. I'm not here to argue apples and oranges, I am asking for some good templates to look at for assistance so we can fix what's broken. this was written up as (AS9100D 10.2.1) Non-conformity and corrective action. I look at our own AVL and i'm lost as far as the flow goes, there hasn't been any Supplier audits for the obvious reason of the pandemic and not being able to go on-site.

Your AVL has what AS9100D 8.4.1.1.b requires. Yours looks very much like my excel format for ours. The part that I bolded in your post regarding overlapping forms and not completed re-evaluations is what appears to be the problem that needs fixing.

Also, the first sentence in your statement that I underlined doesn't appear to be a statement of nonconformance - on the contrary, it seems to be a statement of conformance. It would be very helpful if you could list the clause the auditor cited and the exact wording of the nonconformances (both last year and this year).

Top Bottom