Looking for Printed Control Chart blanks

D

David Mullins

Posted by Melissa on February 14, 2000 at 13:16:33:
On behalf of Melissa of Pennsylvania.

"I'm looking for a place to buy blank, pre-printed control charts (like you use for X-bar & R). I know we used to buy them long ago, but I can't seem to find anywhere that has them now. Any leads or suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks.

Melissa"

Can you all advise where these can be purchased in the US?

S

Spaceman Spiff

You can contact ASQ at www.asq.org and purchase blank charts. I think I bought the X-bar & R chart for $12 (member's cost).

G

Gerry A. Sherman

Control chart forms are easily made in any word processing program such as Word or Wordperfect using tables. You can also customize them that way. If you post an email address, I can send you some files I made to save you time. You can email me at [email protected]

[This message has been edited by Gerry A. Sherman (edited 17 February 2000).]

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
If you don't mind making it 'public property' e-mail me a 'copy' and I'll post it in the pdf_files directory.

D

David Mullins

I forwarded your info to Melissa, and received the following response:

"You know, I called them the other day and the woman I was talking with
said she couldn't find them listed anywhere. When I got your e-mail, I
figured she had to be wrong. I should have gone with my first instincts
because I just ordered them on-line. Thanks for your help!"

Thanks all, another happy shopper!
I'll forward Gerry's offer to her.
David.

------------------

B

Batman

May I add a couple of particulars to "in-house" SPC charts.

When you have decided on a format, take one out on the floor and see if it works. We started out years ago with 81/2 x 11, finally went to 11 x 17. The operators needed the room to write info like tool changes, lot changes, adjustments, etc.

Give it a form number. There are three reason for this:
1&2)You may develop a couple of different charts, moving range, 4 cavity - 8 cavity, etc. This way your document controller can keep track of revisions and versions.

3)You may discover that it is cheaper to send each version of type of chart out to a local offset printer. Having a form number on each will facilitate re-ordering.

Just a couple of suggestions.

Top Bottom