Management Review of the QMS (Quality Management System) - How often (Frequency)

How often does your organization perform its management review of its QMS?

• Once per year

Votes: 27 32.5%
  • Twice per year

Votes: 20 24.1%
  • Four times per year or quarterly

Votes: 14 16.9%
  • More than 4 times per year

Votes: 16 19.3%
  • NA to me, but I'd like to see the poll results

Votes: 6 7.2%

• Total voters
T

tschones

I'm curious, how often does your organization perform its management review of the quality system? We perform ours monthly, which I argue is too frequent because we don't scrutinize the data well enough and there's a tendency to focus on short-term fluctuations of the graphs.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
C

Craig H.

Hi, and welcome

How deep do these reviews go? Are they strategic, tactical..?

Please, more information.

Craig

We have it every 4:th week... But: We don't do a complete MR every time. We follow a schedule where all the dep. mgrs. have their "moment of glory" about twice a year.

/Claes

Hi Jim,

Move towards review by process? Yes, at least if I get things my way.

/Claes

I haven't been to the UK for a couple of years now, but sure I'll let you know when I do.

C

Craig H.

Yes, Smacker, that's pretty much what we do, as well.

Our 3rd party auditor, when asked about the subject, said that the meetings should be far enough apart so that trends could be spotted. He hinted that monthly meetings might be too close together for this.

The focus should be more strategic, rather than tactical. That is where upper management comes into play.

Craig

B

Brad Serangeli

I responded to the poll by saying once a year. That is our "formal" mgmt. review. But every month a report goes out to all of our exec. committe on product performance, returns, mfg. errors, inspection results, and etc. But here is a problem that I have. A couple months ago I questioned the fact about having our CFO as our mgmt. rep. I have been trying for the last three (3) months to get her and the other together for a "forma" mgmt. review but she is now getting caught up on her work from December. She could not do the meeting in December as scheduled due to financial close of the year. What I am wondering is can we change the formal date of the review to a date that is more flexible to the CFO without altering the effect of the QMS?

CarolX

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Brad,

I would say absolutely. You want the review to mean something, and if she can't do it in December due to other commitments, make it a time of year when she can give you her full attention.

JMHO

CarolX

RoxaneB

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Monthly, quarterly, *and* annually...

We do a monthly Business Management System (above and beyond the requirements of ISO 9001:2000) where immediate concerns are addressed and Action Items issued.

There is a standard agenda to follow with some items being placed on a quarterly review only to allow us to present recent trends.

Once a year, just before our annual planning cycle begins, we do a complete BMS review including a summary of all data from the past year along with comparisons to previous years (where possible) to highlight areas of concern or continual improvement.

The monthly reviews take anywhere from 1 - 2.5 hours usually depending on the number of outstanding items. The annual review takes approximately 3 - 4 hours.

R

Randy Stewart

It's all about the system

By all means change the schedule Brad.
We ended up breaking our meetings up to 1 hr meetings weekly. Each month we have 1 meeting for Quarterly Reviews of Internal control Issues, Management Reviews and Capitol Budgeting. This worked for us for a few reasons one of which you have mentioned with the CFO. When we tried to get the President, CFO, VPs, etc. together for an annual meeting there always seemed to be something happening (vacations, customer meetings, etc.). We noticed that when a meeting was scheduled weekly it work into everyones schedule better plus you get into a habit of attending. An additional benefit was that a short meeting weekly was more flexible an easier to maintain. This method works for our organization, I'm not saying it will work for everyone.
:smokin:

P

Peter W

Management Review

We hold 4 per year, quarterly. However, one of those we specifically review the QMS set-up, the standard and the quality policy.

I must say that, valuable as it is, the format of the meetings involving 6 of us, tends to be an information sharing occasion; sometimes there is good discussion and debate with actions. Whilst I feel sure I'm not alone here, I often feel frustrated that more is not made of this opportunity...
Company is 20.

Time to review the Management Review! Any thoughts?

Peter W

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Management Review Input - Changes that could affect the QMS ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 12
Hershal Management Review - The heart of the QMS Management Review Meetings and related Processes 8
J Sample of QMS Management Review Meeting? Management Review Meetings and related Processes 7
Sean Kelley Changes that affect the QMS in Management Review - Clause 5.6.2 Management Review Meetings and related Processes 2
L Management Review of the QMS (Quality Management System) - How structured Management Review Meetings and related Processes 76
N Does anyone have a combined QMS and EMS management review agenda? Management Review Meetings and related Processes 2
H My Quality Management Systems (QMS) Manual - Please review - Opinions appreciated! Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 14
S Management Review (9.3) - Management Review Minutes/Report ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
J ISO 13485 System 'soft start' - How to best reflect this in initial audits, management review minutes and other records? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
O ISO 13485 - Is management review required before stage 1? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
G ISO 17025-2017 Management Review reporting items - Inputs ISO 17025 related Discussions 1
I Management review in conformity assessment standards - Certification Bodies Management Review Meetings and related Processes 6
S Has anybody done IMS - Management Review Meeting ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 8
T Management review meeting workflow ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 9
Casana ISO 9001 - 9.3.1 Management Review - Attendees in a flat organization Management Review Meetings and related Processes 6
C Management Review Agenda Management Review Meetings and related Processes 20
Q Do Management Review records have to be on a controlled form? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 30
J ISO 9001:2015 Small Operation Management Review General Auditing Discussions 6
W ISO 9001:2015 Management Review Input Template wanted ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
G ISO 9001 - 9.3.1 Management Review - Content and Frequency Management Review Meetings and related Processes 12
S ISO 9001:2015 Clause 9.3.2 - MR (Management Review) - Adequacy of resources ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
Q How to run a Management Review Management Review Meetings and related Processes 10
S List of requirements for Management Review in IATF 16949 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 9
D EMS Management review outputs - Strategic direction of the organization Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 1
B How to comply with IATF 16949:2016 9.3.2.1k - Management review IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
E Template of a Management Review Agenda or Report in compliance with ISO 13485:2016 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
M FDA News USFDA Final Report – MDUFA IV Independent Assessment of FDA’s Device Review Process Management Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
R ISO 9001:2015 9.3 - Required inputs to the management review - Audit Nonconformance Manufacturing and Related Processes 14
T Difference between "data analysis" and "management review" ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
J 3 Questions about Management Review - ISO 9001 and IATF 16949 Management Review Meetings and related Processes 4
W Can 2 different sites under different Quality System have a common management review? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
I Trying to explain some of the Management Review Inputs (AS9100D) Management Review Meetings and related Processes 10
W IATF 16949 Clause 6.1.1 - My first Major NCR (Management Review) IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 57
H ISO 9001:2015 Cl. 9.3.1 - General Director doesn't participate in Management Review ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
Tagin Management Review - How elaborate should Management Review be? Management Review Meetings and related Processes 14
R University Research Project - Management Review Management Review Meetings and related Processes 17
G ISO 9001:2015 - Management Review 9.3.2 c) 5) - Monitoring and Measurement Results ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
B IATF 16949 Clause 9.3.2.1 - Management Review Inputs IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
B IATF 16949 Cl. 9.3.2.1 - Management Review Inputs - Process Effectiveness and Efficie IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 14
A How to satisfy the "Interested Party" Management Review Requirement ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
Z MRM (Management Review Meeting) Template for ISO 9001:2015 Management Review Meetings and related Processes 3
S What defines Top Management after a Merger? Quality Management Review (9.3.1) Management Review Meetings and related Processes 1
A ISO 9001:2015 Clause 9.3.2 - Management Review Inputs must be Documented? Management Review Meetings and related Processes 15
S Corporate Quality Manager keeping me out of the Management Review Meeting Management Review Meetings and related Processes 28
B Global / Local Management Review - ISO 9001:2008 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
D What should be included in Management Review Meeting for ISO 9001:2015? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 19
P Trending CAPA's in our Management Review Meetings ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
S Risk Management during Contract Review AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 14
P How CAPA's are trended in Management Review Nonconformance and Corrective Action 1
P Management Review - Performance and Product Conformity question General Auditing Discussions 7