Mobile Equipment - Six label printer to be used in different areas

ifserav

Involved In Discussions
Hi to everibody

I have to qualify six label printer, but production wants to use in two or three area, it is valida to make IQ for each area where this equipmens are gonna be used?

Thanks in advance

yodon

Leader
Super Moderator
Does the environment in each area have an impact on the printing? If you're just rolling them around in a common environment and plugging into AC when you arrive, it doesn't seem useful to me but maybe I'm missing something. Are they different printers (models, label stock, ink, etc.)? If not, I would think you could justify not fully testing each one (in each area) by equivalence. Might be good to take a step back and re-consider the validation plan.

Since it's mobile equipment, I would be more concerned about the impact from the rigors of moving. Do the print heads get out of alignment if the printer is jarred (set down hard or if on a cart rolled over a gap)? What's the risk of a bad label getting released (with a product) in distribution? What's the likelihood that a bad label is detected?

ifserav

Involved In Discussions
All the equipment are the same model, but they want to move betwenn floor and floor, the ?rea clasification is for ISO 8 to ISO 9, i was thinking in equivalente, but you just gave another focus.

Thanks in advance

Kevin Mader

One of THE Original Covers!
Leader
Admin
I'm thinking that during the IQ, you could raise the challenge to check the voltage drops in all the locations you are going to plug the printer in. But as already noted, you may have other things to consider especially if the printer isn't designed to be portable. And as Yodon points out, consider the differences between printers and if they are different, is one a 'superset' of the others?

J

JWilliamC

Sorry to reply on an unrelated thread, but I'm getting a little frustrated. I was able to PM you once, but it's not letting me anymore. Just wanted to let you know my e-mail is available in my contact info if you want to contact me that way. Thanks

Top Bottom