Multi-Site ISO/AS Certification Requirement for some sites

eldercare

Starting to get Involved
I am setting up a multi-site certification ISO9001:2015-AS9100D two of the sites are in Canada one of the sites in Canada (Ontario) manufactures all of the material coming from the second site in (AB). The AB site doesn't send any of their material to any other site or customer only to the ON site. I don't think the AB site needs a separate certificate, our CB is saying otherwise. My argument is the AB site is acting like the first step in the ON sites process by providing raw material. Am I off the mark here?

Thanks

EC

DannyK

Trusted Information Resource
You decide based on the scope and addresses.
The Alberta site could be considered as a supplier.

M

malasuerte

How many sites total are involved?

But by your own "argument" the site indeed sounds like it needs its own registration.

My argument is the AB site is acting like the first step in the ON sites process by providing raw material.

What if it was Site 1 >>>> Site 2 >>>>> Site 3 (Site 3 send the final product to the customer. Are you going to say Site 2 doesn't need to be registered because they take the material Site 1 makes, then Site transforms it to something else and sends it to Site 3?

Randy

Super Moderator
Separate location, 1000+ miles apart = part of multi-site. You define the scope of what they do in AB and the parts of the standard that are applicable to them and reserved by your HQ.

Cari Spears

Super Moderator
Leader
Super Moderator
Is he saying that the two sites can't be on same certificate because they have different scopes?

Randy

Super Moderator
Is he saying that the two sites can't be on same certificate because they have different scopes?
What I'm guessing but he's wrong. There is a Certificate Scope for the cert itself and then each location has commentary on their specific activities. I've got a 32 location cert, some locations are the same, some are different, but they all fall under the main scope

eldercare

Starting to get Involved
The AB site only provides material for the ON site no other site. The AB site doesn't invoice or bill or ship to anyone else other than the ON site.

Top Bottom