Must Calibration Labs have IEC 17025 before doing Calibration Jobs for Customers

harry

Trusted Information Resource
Supplementary to ISO 9001 standard, if a company needs to further improve their system of measurement, they can use the ISO 10012 titled "Measurement management systems- Requirements for measurement processes and measuring equipment."

On the standard's Clause 6.4 Outside Supplier, under "Guidance", the standard states that, .......................

This is what the Scope of ISO 10012 say:

............... This International Standard is not intended to be used as a requisite for demonstrating conformance with ISO 9001, ISO 14001 or any other standard. .....................

This is a guidance document talking about Measurement Management System.

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_01 Apr. 14 17.14.gif
    ScreenHunter_01 Apr. 14 17.14.gif
    24.4 KB · Views: 136

AndyN

Moved On
I'm just giving some inputs to lawphng for them to have a customer while working towards the accreditation process.

It's always appreciated that people contribute, however we must always be careful to give accurate information. I questioned your statement about what ISO 9001 requires because I can see NO reference to ISO/IEC 17025 being 'required' in there...

Indeed, there are many labs which are certified to ISO 9001, not to ISO/IEC 17025...

B

Bong J. Capili

I agree with you AndyN. The wrong choice of word "required" started this. I'll be more careful next time.
It's just that I can relate to what lawphng is going through as we've also experienced this before.

Hershal

Metrologist-Auditor
Trusted Information Resource
Just a question, where exactly are you? The respective country may also have requirements that must be considered.

Top Bottom