NCR and customer complaint

qualitynewbie

Involved In Discussions
I have question on NCR form, The NCR form contains two questions "Is the product released for sale? and if yes, product distribution?" If distributed, the NCR should be handled as a complaint, and the customer complaint number should be entered.

Right now, what's being done is: customer complaint > field service > parts replaced > customer complaint closed. In the manufacturing site, The returned non-conforming part > open NCR > Rework and back to inventory

In the NCR form, the customer complaint number is written.

I want to take off the lines Is the product released for sale? and, if so, how is the product distributed? If distributed, the NCR should be handled as the complaint, and the customer complaint number should be noted.

Is this correct? Because the people who are opening the NCR's are often confused about what customer complaint number needs to be added.

SeanN

Involved In Discussions
I assume that you are talking about customer complaints on the NCs with released and distributed products (Is it necessary to keep the two questions because the answers are always Yes and Yes?). But not all customer complaints follow the process "customer complaint > field service > parts replaced > customer complaint closed", as customers may raise issues unrelated to this process.
If the primary concern is maintaining clarity regarding which customer complaint numbers need to be added, you might want to consider assigning a unique number to each NCR form, irrespective of the type of NC involved. This could help streamline the tracking and resolution of complaints.

Top Bottom