New Foreign Exporter Looking

Hello everyone, super novice but a general question. I am a small time exporter of medical goods, I buy surgical equipment locally and re-sell for profit, occasioanlly to the USA, completly my fault and with my admittance, one of my packages to a US buyer was detained for being misbranded, as I haven't registered with the FDA and haven't listed the device, I come across Medtronic, BSN, Stryker, Ethicon and basically whatever my US buyer asks me to get for him, my question is, am I thinking these are the steps? Could someone correct or help me out? I have a very unhappy US client at the moment and rightfully so

1) Pay the FDA the FY2020 fee
2) Register as a foreign exporter, it's just myself employed, I occasionally will buy equipment locally and in the US and re-sell for a profit
3) List all the devices that I come across and want to sell before I export them to the USA

Is there anything I'm missing? And what would be the quickest way to release my package from detention? Or is it on it's way back to me/being destroyed? Any help is appreciated, it's 2:30 in the morning and I'm scatterbrained! Thank you.

Top Bottom