Opening a new site in different city, same QMS

Hello. We are opening up a new site in a different city but want the new site to be a manufacturing extension of our AS9100D certified location. We are following a Transfer of Work process already detailed in our QMS, have already updated our Quality Manual to include both manufacturing sites, updated our Stamp Control procedure to show the two sets of stamps and how work will transfer between the two locations. Our regulatory bodies have been notified.

I feel like I am missing something. Anyone completed this and have any lessons learned for me?

Figured out where to get a good lunch yet?

Looks like you might have it covered for now....Do you have anyone lined up to work there?

Get some trucks and start moving.
View attachment 30165
Already scoped a few lunch spots!

We do have people lined up to work. Hope to have the production line started at the beginning of May. Thank you for the response - I feel like I'm missing something, but maybe not.

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
What Sidney said. :agree: You need to coordinate closely with your critical customers (not everything is critical) about this change and arrange the needed change control activities define in their requirements of your organization.

Most aerospace CUSTOMERS demand being informed of any change to a supplier manufacturing location. Not sure what you mean by regulatory bodies. Do you mean FAA? EASA? Certification bodies are not regulatory bodies.

Most aerospace CUSTOMERS demand being informed of any change to a supplier manufacturing location. Not sure what you mean by regulatory bodies. Do you mean FAA? EASA? Certification bodies are not regulatory bodies.
Regulatory bodies ---- FAA and EASA. Certification body = AS9100 registrar. Our customer has also been informed.

Top Bottom