PDCA (Walter Shewhart Cycle - Check) or PDSA (Deming - Study) cycle?

B

Bill Pflanz

Here we go! Finally the most clear and unambiguous definition I've seen so far! (And it does mention the adopt/reject decision on the last step!)

Bill, excuse my ignorance: was this a precise quote of Deming's work?

Yes, it was copied directly from Deming's book on pages 134-136 only I left out the additional comments and examples. You can feel safe in letting your instructor know the definitions and source.

I don't know if it the book is still in print but the publisher was MIT.

Bill Pflanz

Y

Yarik

We should never stray too far from the Master's legendary work and teachings...
:yes::yes::yes:

...and we should never try to clutter them and distort their essense in our own derivative works...

Amen!

Get "Out of the Crisis" and "New Economics...." True Masterpieces indeed and as fresh and applicable today as they were in the early eighties.

According to yet-to-be-documented (and obviously yet-to-be-improved) BMS in our company, it will take me some time to go through "purchasing procedure" to get those books from Amazon. I've already started it, of course. :)

In the meantime, I'd greatly appreciate it if someone educated me: was the PDSA definition posted by Bill a literal quote of Deming's or just another interpretation?

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
:yes::yes::yes:

...and we should never try to clutter them and distort their essense in our own derivative works...

Amen!

According to yet-to-be-documented (and obviously yet-to-be-improved) BMS in our company, it will take me some time to go through "purchasing procedure" to get those books from Amazon. I've already started it, of course. :)

In the meantime, I'd greatly appreciate it if someone educated me: was the PDSA definition posted by Bill a literal quote of Deming's or just another interpretation?

Bill provided you with a (page) reference.

Stijloor.

Top Bottom