Process Map for Supplier

syedala

Registered
Hi, Am looking for the process map/flow diagram for supplier quality department in aerospace tier -1 organization. does anyone has idea or template?

syedala

Registered
Because there is no / limited supplier quality department with lack of understanding for roles and responsibilities. I am planning to create process flow interaction with various functions within organization

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
Why do you want to create a process flow diagram for a department?
Because there is no / limited supplier quality department with lack of understanding for roles and responsibilities. I am planning to create process flow interaction with various functions within organization
Your search for a template will most likely come up empty because what you're apparently trying to do isn't done very much. Process flow diagrams are, as the name suggests, for processes, not individual department functions. What you can do is determine the inputs, the processing expected, and the resulting outputs. Some people use turtle diagrams for this sort of thing.

RoxaneB

Change Agent and Data Storyteller
Super Moderator
Far be it from me to insert words into Jim's mouth, but I think what he might be suggesting, @syedala , is that you're asking the wrong question...or considering a path that is more complicated than it needs to be.

If all you want is something that outlines roles and responsibilities, as well as how the functions (positions?) interact, you can more than likely accomplish this with the use of traditional tools such as job descriptions and an organizational chart.

If, however, you are looking for something more process-centric (e.g., conducting a supplier audit, purchasing/procurement process, evaluating critical suppliers, etc.), then perhaps a flow chart will work for you. At my org., we often use something like the attached, as it shows WHO is responsible for conducting WHAT and WHEN (at least within the process).

Attachments

• Process Map Template - Generic.pdf
    204.8 KB · Views: 928

Peter Fraser

Trusted Information Resource
... or as a different format with the same objective(s), we use the attached.

Attachments

• 4-01 - Procurement.pdf
    50.9 KB · Views: 435
Top Bottom