Product identification

A

Andrews

Now let us assume a particular part (one lot) comes in 6 polythene bags.

Now when the inspector inspects the lot he / she will take samples randomly from each of these bags and then give his / her conclusion.After decision is taken he / she puts the appropriate tag (i.e) ACCEPT tag or REJECT tag in all the six bags.The problem is each tag has no. of details to be filled up like the part no.,the operation,subcontractor name, delivery challan no., Signature of the inspector etc. To avoid wasting time writing tags, can we identify one of these bags with the either "Accept" or "Reject" and mention on that bag that there are totally 6 bags and identify the other bags with a smaller tag "Accept" or "Reject " tag showing only part no. and the delivery challan no..

Whats your opinion on this situation.

D

db

Andrews said:

Now when the inspector inspects the lot he / she will take samples randomly from each of these bags and then give his / her conclusion.After decision is taken he / she puts the appropriate tag (i.e) ACCEPT tag or REJECT tag in all the six bags.The problem is each tag has no. of details to be filled up like the part no.,the operation,subcontractor name, delivery challan no., Signature of the inspector etc. To avoid wasting time writing tags, can we identify one of these bags with the either "Accept" or "Reject" and mention on that bag that there are totally 6 bags and identify the other bags with a smaller tag "Accept" or "Reject " tag showing only part no. and the delivery challan no..

Why do you need all that information on the tags at all? Is this the only way you identify the material?

If you really must have them identified, then you could easliy give each set of bags a "lot" identification (such as a number or name). Then each tag would only need to have the lot identification and indicate bag # of total bag numbers (like 2 of 6). You could couple this with a record where all of the information you listed is available.

R

Russ

We only record pass when the parts are OK. The containers then get a plain green tag. Now if they fail that's a different story. We use red tags but still only fill out one tag for the lot. I think you are suffering from overkill here, far too easy to do I assure you.

B

Bob_M

Andrews said:

If the 6 bags are ALL stored together after inspecting, I'd suggest either ONE tag per inventory location or basic tag info like you suggested your self.

If this occurs often, modify your tagging procedure to suit your NEEDs not the TAG. If you really NEED all the info on EACH tag, then you're out of luck... I would have to say it all depends on your system and how the bags are stored after in-coming inspection and how the bags are delivered to production areas. If ALL 6 are delivered at once to production why bother with 6 tags?

Top Bottom