Quality Policy in Clause 2 or 5.3?

I

ivan99

Quality Policy in Clause 2?? or 5.3

:frust:
I just finished writing my quality manual for ISO9001-2000. I placed the actual quality policy in Section 5.3 of the manual. Today I received a new book from ASQ titled "ISO 9001:2000 a Practical Quality Manual" and the author mentions a Clause 2, where his signed quality policy is placed?? My ANSI/ISO/ASQ Q9001-2000 Standard shows Clause 2 as "Normative Reference" ?? Am I missing something here?? Thank you all in advance!!

RoxaneB

Change Agent and Data Storyteller
Super Moderator
Having not the seen the book before, I'm taking a wild guess here. Maybe the author was referring to Clause 4.2 Documentation requirements where 4.2.1 a) makes reference to "documented statements of a quality policy and quality objectives."

Just a thought.

T

tomvehoski

I like to put the quality policy statement and objectives on the cover, so it is easy to find. I make section 1 a brief introduction/purpose. Section 2 is the scope, justifying any exclusions in the systems. Section 3 is an organization overview (brief history, department structure, products, etc.). Section 4 then starts re-stating ISO requirements and linking to procedures. I like to keep numbering in the manual consistent with ISO, so I get creative with section 1-3 and start the requirements in section 4.

Tom

E

energy

Same here

tomvehoski said:

I like to put the quality policy statement and objectives on the cover, so it is easy to find. I make section 1 a brief introduction/purpose. Section 2 is the scope, justifying any exclusions in the systems. Section 3 is an organization overview (brief history, department structure, products, etc.). Section 4 then starts re-stating ISO requirements and linking to procedures. I like to keep numbering in the manual consistent with ISO, so I get creative with section 1-3 and start the requirements in section 4.

Tom

We did the same thing.

Section Subject Page

1 Introduction and scope 4

2 Company History 4

3 Corporate Quality Policy 5

4 Quality Management System Policies 6

and so on..........

:ko: :smokin:

Top Bottom