Ranking Audit Effectiveness with RPN

D

Diana Cadwalader

We are looking at putting a RPN on our nonconformances written during internal audits. A Pre condition ranking and a Post condition ranking. The intent is to be able to show that by correcting the non-conformance, the RPN was decreased.

Thoughts are that this will also be an effectiveness measure of the internal audit program as a whole.

Has anyone seen this in practice??

Govind

Super Moderator
Leader
Super Moderator
Diana Cadwalader said:
We are looking at putting a RPN on our nonconformances written during internal audits. A Pre condition ranking and a Post condition ranking. The intent is to be able to show that by correcting the non-conformance, the RPN was decreased.

Thoughts are that this will also be an effectiveness measure of the internal audit program as a whole.

Has anyone seen this in practice??

Diana,
Try contacting ASQ Kitchener section program chair or the speaker.
I came across this topic sometime back from their section webpage.
They seem to have presented this topic back in Nov 2003.
Corrective Action with Cause & Effects Diagrams utilizing FMEA Ratings with David DeLong, Quality Management Services Inc.
http://www.asqkitchener.org/past_events.php
Regards,
Govind.

D

Diana Cadwalader

Thank you so much. I will see what I can find here. I have a meeting next Tuesday to get 7 facilities on board with this - - - what a task. Any information I can get will be a godsend.

Govind

Super Moderator
Leader
Super Moderator
Diana Cadwalader said:
Thank you so much. I will see what I can find here. I have a meeting next Tuesday to get 7 facilities on board with this - - - what a task. Any information I can get will be a godsend.
Diana,
Also refer to the book "After the Quality audit" Closing the Loop on the audit process by JPRussell and Terry L Regel.
http://qualitypress.asq.org/perl/catalog.cgi?item=H1070
You may want to consider The chapter 2: Reason-Pain -Matrix. This is also similar to what you are looking for.
Regards,
Govind.

Top Bottom