Relationship and Differences between ISO 16949 and ISO 15504 (SPICE)

S

Sonja de Bruin

Hi,

I have a short, but for me, not so easy question:
An automotive software company working according Automotive Spice (ISO15504) gets their hardware parts from a supplier working according ISO16949.
What is the relation between ISO16949 and ISO15504, and what are the differences? In other words what should the automotive software company be ware of, when signing a contract with the hardware supplier.

Who can help me out?

Thanks, Sonja

S

SilverHawk

Re: Relation ISO16949 and ISO15504

ISO/IEC 15504 defines a capability level on the following scale:[5]

Level Name
5 Optimizing process
4 Predictable process
3 Established process
2 Managed process
1 Performed process
0 Incomplete process

ISO/TS 16949 is still the management system requirement.

harry

Trusted Information Resource

Hi,

An automotive software company working according Automotive Spice (ISO15504) gets their hardware parts from a supplier working according ISO16949.
What is the relation between ISO16949 and ISO15504, and what are the differences? In other words what should the automotive software company be ware of, when signing a contract with the hardware supplier.

Who can help me out?

Thanks, Sonja

Welcome Sonja,

While ISO 15504 is alien to me, I can direct you to some of the previous discussions here. Just browse through while awaiting for response from other Covers.

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator

Hi,

What is the relation between ISO16949 and ISO15504, and what are the differences? In other words what should the automotive software company beware of, when signing a contract with the hardware supplier.

Who can help me out?

Thanks, Sonja

Sonja,

Look here:
An automotive customer may make a reference to ISO 15504 in their contract. I am not so familiar with the software industry. Others here at The Cove Forums may "chime in."

Stijloor.

Top Bottom