Relationship between Quality, Reliability, Price and Delivery

Last edited by a moderator:

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
Will you please assist me in the explanation on:

Relationship between Quality, Reliability, Price and Delivery

Welcome to the Cove. :bigwave:

If you could provide some context for your question it would be helpful. Is this an academic question?

Because of the very flexible nature of the definition of "quality," it's difficult to provide a sensible answer without knowing more about the reason(s) for the question. One can say, for example, that reliability, price and delivery are components of quality.

Ajit Basrur

Leader
Admin
Jim is right - you need to give the context of your question. Quality, Reliability, Price (Cost) and Delivery are inter-related terms.

The metrics around Quality, Cost and Delivery (QCD) are important elements in developing the the lean improvement and starting point towards developing the organization's business measures, while all the 4 terms are important for Total Quality Management.

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
Put very simply, if quality (doing things well/fitness for use) is considered a dependent variable, then reliability, price and delivery outcomes can be considered dependent variables.

J

JBDU010969

welcome to the cove. :bigwave:

If you could provide some context for your question it would be helpful. Is this an academic question?

Because of the very flexible nature of the definition of "quality," it's difficult to provide a sensible answer without knowing more about the reason(s) for the question. One can say, for example, that reliability, price and delivery are components of quality.
the issue is this, i was reading on quality assurance topic academically, then i met such questions in fact it was saying -explain the relationship between quality to reliability, price and delivery.
2. Explain the relationship between quality and other considerations.
3.explain concept of feedback.
4.define terms relating to quality assurance and reliability.
5.state the functions of quality control.
6.describe and explain the elements of quality control system.
7.identify the functions of quality assurance.
8.identify elements of quality control.

These are some of the questions iam meeting when reading about quality assurance or quality control

J

JBDU010969

THANK YOU VERY MUCH I THINK I HAVE EXPLAINED WHERE THE QUESTION CAME FROM:thanx:

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
the issue is this, i was reading on quality assurance topic academically, then i met such questions in fact it was saying -explain the relationship between quality to reliability, price and delivery.
2. Explain the relationship between quality and other considerations.
3.explain concept of feedback.
4.define terms relating to quality assurance and reliability.
5.state the functions of quality control.
6.describe and explain the elements of quality control system.
7.identify the functions of quality assurance.
8.identify elements of quality control.

These are some of the questions iam meeting when reading about quality assurance or quality control
These questions are so broad that answering them would take a very long time to say very little. This is all book material.

Simply put, minimizing the amount of time and materials used in inefficiency and/or rework = value. Value is measurable in wages (time), materials, overhead (time), customer repeat purchases, etc.

In addition, maximizing effective performance as designed generally = increased reliability. Reliability depends on design, manufacture and customer use. At least one of these are directly controllable by us.

Feedback = learning what your internal customers (employees) and external customers (buyers and users) think, in whatever manner it takes place.

Elements and functions of quality control/quality assurance are explained in standards such as ISO 9001. However, it helps to understand that control generally addresses product and assurance generally addresses the system. Both terms can be searched using the yellow Search function in the blue tool bar above. Anything I write here is limited, but you can find a great wealth of discussion by using the Search function, then browsing related threads linked at the bottom of the page when you open a thread.

Top Bottom