Relocation of Equipment - Equipment Validation template wanted

D

dbazinet

We are an AS9100, ISO 9001, ISO 13485 registered electronics contract manufacturer of circuit board assemblies. I am looking for an equipment validation template that can be used to validate a piece of equipment after picking up that piece of equipment and moving it to a new location. Does anyone have a template that I can download? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Elsmar Forum Sponsor

yodon

Staff member
Super Moderator
Was the system in a validated state before? If so, can the original validation protocols be used - at least as a basis to start (you may be able to make risk-justified decisions to do a subset of the effort).

Do you have anything like a validation master plan? That would possibly drive what all you need to do.

This may help - IQ required if moving Equipment or if the Equipment is new, Sounds logical since the only thing that you need to verify is the installation at a new location.

dsanabria

Quite Involved in Discussions
We are an AS9100, ISO 9001, ISO 13485 registered electronics contract manufacturer of circuit board assemblies. I am looking for an equipment validation template that can be used to validate a piece of equipment after picking up that piece of equipment and moving it to a new location. Does anyone have a template that I can download? Thanks.
First start with AS9102 - First Article Inspection Report - once you move an equipment from location, you are required to perform one per AS9102 - if it is flown down to you.

Next - find out what else your customer requires when relocation an equipment.

Third check out the standard on software - AS9115 - not sure if it applies (deliverable software.

Finally: http://www.sae.org/servlets/registr...HGeneral&PAGE=getSCMHBOOK&vgenNum=184&scmhs=2

Chapter 7.1

Start with those and then come back to the cove.

somashekar

Staff member
Super Moderator
Please use the same templates that you used during the first location of the equipment ...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
jkuil Calibration before and after relocation of GMP manufacturing equipment Calibration Frequency (Interval) 7
B Manufacturing site relocation of pre amendment Class II medical device Manufacturing and Related Processes 4
A Machine Relocation within Facility - Is re-validation required? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 8
K GUDID / UDI and Company Relocation Other US Medical Device Regulations 3
G Plant Relocation - Is it necessary to perform FAI? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 13
M SAE AMS 2750E Relocation Hot or Cold Recording Sensor Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
A Is MSA useful to prove a Measurement System after Relocation? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
K Do we need to perform Analytical Method Validation upon Relocation? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
T Is recertification needed for our plant relocation ? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 10
N Question on facility relocation and Product Labeling CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 2
E Quality Plan for Relocation of our Production Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 8
T Office Relocation Installation Inspection Sheet Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 5
P Seeking sample Resignation Letter - Health and Relocation reasons Career and Occupation Discussions 3
M Is PQ really needed after relocation of a Visual CMM General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
S Telecommuting as an alternative to relocation Career and Occupation Discussions 3
D Would relocation to a bigger plant affect our TS 16949 certification? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 9
B PFMEA Risk Assessment - Transfer of Production to a New Building (Relocation) FMEA and Control Plans 9
P Relocation Advice - UK to Florida Career and Occupation Discussions 20
A How to write a letter informing a customer of a process relocation? Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 5
Y We found out we have been using a equipment without validation for past 4 years Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 6
I Equipment service dates ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
M Missing measuring equipment General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 6
P Equipment 21 CFR 820.70(g) - User Requirements Document for Off the shelf equipment 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 7
G Is repeatability required for equipment calibration? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 10
A Looking for a third party to calibrate our measure equipment - South Carolina General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 6
K Problems with process equipment ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
D New Equipment form / template Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 5
W Protective earth for Class I ME equipment IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 3
R MSA for ATE (Automatic Test Equipment Embedded Software) Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 9
P Design verification driven by new equipment. How is this different than process validation? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
D DQ documents of new equipment - Function specification Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 0
R MSA studies for Heat Treatment Equipment Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
T AMS2570E certification equipment questions AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 0
J Class Fixed ME Equipment (US Deviation) IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 0
P Manufacturing equipment (e.g.: Dental Welder): medical device or not? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 5
R What is meant by Use of COMPONENTS WITH HIGH-INTEGRITY CHARACTERISTICS in ME EQUIPMENT (clause no 4.9) IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 3
D Infrastructure: Equipment, Work Environment and Contamination Control ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
M Are Electrical Laparoscopic Surgical Devices ME equipment? IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 8
D Definition of "Critical Laboratory Equipment"? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
N Calibration Requirements for Production Equipment ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
T How to “validate/qualify” a new measurement equipment? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 4
D Software validation in Medical Equipment Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 20
I Approved Suppliers ISO/IEC 17025:2017 and used test equipment ISO 17025 related Discussions 6
S Calibration Equipment Selection General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
A Handling of contaminated medical equipment Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 0
T Confirming The Local Safety Regulations for Equipment - I'm in Malaysia General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 0
B IEC 60601 Cl. 8.4.3 - ME EQUIPMENT intended to be connected to a power source by a plug / Plug discharge IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 3
Y Packaging validation for non-sterile Medical Equipment Other Medical Device Related Standards 1
E Equipment Qualification - IQ/OQ per ISO 13485:2016 section 7.5.6 Process validation ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
A Contraindication Safety Statement in website - Radiotherapy equipment Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 1