Retention time of quality records for parts with Critical (safety) Characteristics?

S

saso1

Hello
Does anybody share information where to find required retention time for quality records of critical ("safety") characteristics on part produced for automotive industry (part of ABS). So far I could not fiound this data in ISO TS 16949, VDA, QS..)
Thank you in advance

antoine.dias

Quite Involved in Discussions
Re: Critical, safety characteristics in automotive idustry - retention time of qualit

Hello
Does anybody share information where to find required retention time for quality records of critical ("safety") characteristics on part produced for automotive industry (part of ABS). So far I could not fiound this data in ISO TS 16949, VDA, QS..)
Thank you in advance

In most cases this can be found in the customer specific requirements.
Some of these can be found at :
http://www.iatfglobaloversight.org/

Best regards and lots of success,

Antoine

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
Re: Critical, safety characteristics in automotive idustry - retention time of qualit

Hello
Thank you in advance

Saso,

You could also approach your customer....

I do not have the PPAP manual handy, but it states: "Records shall be maintained for the time the part is active plus one calendar year." Or similar language.

But your customer may have different requirements.

Stijloor.

Top Bottom