Safety data sheets software

Dear All,

I am working in a middle size legal manufacture company for disinfectant products.
Actually we are searching for a program in order to mange, generate and edit safety data sheets. It will used only by our RA Department.
It should be simple and not expensive.
Could you kindly advise us regarding such a program, thank you all for your time.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Staff member
Admin
Dear All,

I am working in a middle size legal manufacture company for disinfectant products.
Actually we are searching for a program in order to mange, generate and edit safety data sheets. It will used only by our RA Department.
It should be simple and not expensive.
Could you kindly advise us regarding such a program, thank you all for your time.
Hello drwallice, I am sorry for the delay in this response.

Do you use SAP to process your disinfectant? If so, there may be an SAP module available that could help avoid double work by integrating with your existing systems.

Ninja

Looking for Reality
Trusted Information Resource
FWIW, we looked around for software (not SAP) and found it wildly cost prohibitive and built our own instead.
If you are already on SAP, you've already bit the big bullet so I would stay with that as Jen mentions.

One of the most helpful things we did along the way was to meet with the local OSHA rep (Off site...don't invite them into the plant, that's just silly) to get their guidance...and then documented it. Ours said that if they saw us using SAP, they would not bother visiting the site again and just write out the fines. They were familiar enough with SAP to know what was wrong with it...
(That was 8yrs ago, SAP GHS module may have changed radically since then)

That's a very good question - we are in the same position. Did you find a solution?

I was thinking to use Microsoft Power BI with a MSDS template using the data from ECHA for creation, connect the typical sentences for the different sections automatically with the classification or also show up and can be choosen - the disinfectants I need to handle are very often the same concerning the different sentences, so it would be easy to have standards.

The open point for me is, from where I can get the data for occupational safety, esp. if needed for different countries and also the storage classifications possibly needs more time to be done this way. Of course this is also a lot of work, but should be much cheaper than to buy one - but nevertheless, updates need to be done.

Unfortunately I didn't had the time to try this idea and buying a software would probably much easier .... The big Question is which Software

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G SDS (Safety Data Sheets) Records - When and how long? Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 8
Q Control of MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheets) - Document Control required? Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 8
S Do MSDS's (Material Safety Data Sheets) need to be controlled. If yes, HOW? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 9
R Material safety data sheet (MSDS) related clause in IATF 16949 manual IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 17
CPhelan Using clinical trial safety data for evidence for CE marking EU Medical Device Regulations 8
S FDA Class I Medical Device Safety and Efficacy Data Requirements Other US Medical Device Regulations 5
N MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet) Management Services - Advice needed Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 1
T Status of Material Safety Data Sheet (OSHA Compliant) vs. 10993 Certificate US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 5
L Material Safety Data Sheet - MSDS should specify how to make the material innocuous Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 10
Aymaneh Summary of safety and performance (SSP) IVDR 2017/746 EU Medical Device Regulations 1
S Summary of safety and clinical performance and Article 120(3) of the MDR EU Medical Device Regulations 4
Sidney Vianna Food & Beverage Safety Lead Auditor Open Position - USA Job Openings, Consulting and Employment Opportunities 0
D ISO 26262 functional safety : how to get started Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 3
A What is different between Field Safety Notice and Advisory Notice in U.S and EU? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 7
A TGA - Annual Report or Periodic Safety Update Report? Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
B IVDR Electrical safety standard EU Medical Device Regulations 0
Z Choice of PTC heater voltage to maximize user safety and ease of CE compliance to LVD CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 0
M Post Market Safety Update Report for devices that will be up-classified under MDR but are currently under MDD EU Medical Device Regulations 6
D Northern Ireland Field Safety Corrective Actions (FSCA) UK Medical Device Regulations 5
chris1price Notified Body responsible for product safety under MDD? EU Medical Device Regulations 4
H Class II a vs "software safety class A" IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 3
S Cyber Security and Safety Risks Medical Information Technology, Medical Software and Health Informatics 5
A Canadian Safety Labels for medical electrical equipment Canada Medical Device Regulations 2
A Applicability of Photobiological Safety Evaluation for LED used in medical devices Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 2
A Should I take an online course for a career in Occupational Health and Safety? Career and Occupation Discussions 2
E 60601-1 - Tilt testing - Tensile safety factor IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 1
Marc ISO 26262- Road vehicles – Functional safety ISO 26262 - Road vehicles – Functional safety 0
A Defining a lower ESD test level in IEC 60601 safety test IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 5
M ECG lead leakage currents - How to specify ECG leads during electrical safety testing IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 5
R Quality System Functional Safety Checklist / Guidance IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 0
N German National Requirements - Safety Officer/Authorised Rep Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
C Where to draw the line for "sufficient evidence" to verify safety/performance of a device? CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 2
A IEC 62304 safety classification, External Controls and off-label use related risks IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 5
A Baby food manufacture - food safety requirements Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 1
dgrainger Informational EU medical device website change from 'Growth' to 'Health and Food Safety' (6/2020) Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
D Safety Assurance Case Report Format ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 6
B Product Safety Responsibility - Job shop such as a machine shop AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 10
K Things to learn during lockdown.... Safety-related books/articles/threads Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 1
JAMESH Job Safety - Lockout/Tagout and Respiratory Protocols Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
J Raw material certificates - CC - Safety products - Sheet metal stamping IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
M Differences in post market safety reporting for Combination Product Applicants Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 1
S Should safety checks be included in the Control Plan? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
adir88 Information of safety can reduce risk now? ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 12
D Is there a specific location for PPE such as safety glass holders and glove dispensers should be mounted Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 10
M Do you need an Applicable general safety and performance requirements Checklist? EU Medical Device Regulations 2
S VW Supplier Product Safety Representative (PSB) upgrade to PSCR VDA Standards - Germany's Automotive Standards 8
J FDA wants electrical safety testing on battery powered medical device US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 11
T Confirming The Local Safety Regulations for Equipment - I'm in Malaysia General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
MrTetris Unacceptable risk and information for safety ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 16
A Contraindication Safety Statement in website - Radiotherapy equipment Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 1