Seeking Medical Device Luer Fitting Testing Laboratory Service

Sam Lazzara

Trusted Information Resource
I am looking for a test lab that can perform tests on catheter luer fittings per ISO 594-1 and ISO 594-2. Any ideas?

There are several sources for the test gauges/gages and reference fittings for those who want to perform the testing themselves. I don't want to have to purchase the fittings and set up the test methods - I am seeking a lab that is already established and offers the testing as a service.

Thank you.

Ronen E

Problem Solver
I am looking for a test lab that can perform tests on catheter luer fittings per ISO 594-1 and ISO 594-2. Any ideas?

There are several sources for the test gauges/gages and reference fittings for those who want to perform the testing themselves. I don't want to have to purchase the fittings and set up the test methods - I am seeking a lab that is already established and offers the testing as a service.

Thank you.

Hi there,

All companies I know in this field do this type of testing in-house. However, I believe any accredited lab that carries basic flow / leakage / pressure / vacuum etc. testing would be able to perform these tests. If they don't have the reference fittings they could easily source them; the other required testing equipment is quite generic and the test methods are all pretty much covered in the standard. Please let me know if you need help with the test protocol, I wrote several of these in the past.

Best of luck,
Ronen.

G

Gert Sorensen

It seems like DDL could do that for you:

http :// www. testedandproven. com/services/all-services/luer-testing - OBSOLETE BROKEN 404 LINK(s) UNLINKED

They are located in the US, so they might be an option.

BTW: I am not affiliated with DDL and have no knowledge about the quality of service that they provide.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wayne

Gage Crib Worldwide
It seems like DDL could do that for you:
The company that I work for sells ISO 594 Gages, Reference Fitttings, and a machine to correctly assemble the test piece to the reference fitting.

Because of my job, I have had some dealings with DDL and I think that they are one of the few testing laboraties who are following the ISO 594 requirements to the letter while conducting the tests. :agree1:

IMHO they have the highest ethics. :applause:

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom