Setup sheet for machine shop

K

kmyers

We have a setup sheet for our operators to follow when they are preparing a machine to run a job. The team leader fills this blank form in with all appropriate info regarding tool#'s, machine speed, feed speed etc. The blank sheet is controlled. Once the team leader fills in the appropriate info that sheet is saved to a particular part #. When the part number is run again it will then print out with the router, print etc that makes up a job packet. Being a job shop we have numerous part #'s. We currently have hundreds of these that are filled out.

The team leaders do alot of cutting from other spreadsheets and pasting into these setup sheets as a time saver. When the original sheet was made certain cells were not formatted to accept some things that are pasted to it.

So if you're not to confused, here's my question.

Can I change a format in a cell without having to issue a new rev. level?

The change is blind so I am not sure, no text is being changed, nothing added or removed, it's just a format change to a couple of cells.

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks

Kris

P

Pudge

I believe a rev. level change would be appropriate only if information is being taken away, added, or rearranged. If this is only being changed in the format of the software like excel....then it doesn't constitute a rev. change.

Jeremy Hill

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
We have a setup sheet for our operators to follow when they are preparing a machine to run a job. The team leader fills this blank form in with all appropriate info regarding tool#'s, machine speed, feed speed etc. The blank sheet is controlled. Once the team leader fills in the appropriate info that sheet is saved to a particular part #. When the part number is run again it will then print out with the router, print etc that makes up a job packet. Being a job shop we have numerous part #'s. We currently have hundreds of these that are filled out.

The team leaders do alot of cutting from other spreadsheets and pasting into these setup sheets as a time saver. When the original sheet was made certain cells were not formatted to accept some things that are pasted to it.

So if you're not to confused, here's my question.

Can I change a format in a cell without having to issue a new rev. level?

The change is blind so I am not sure, no text is being changed, nothing added or removed, it's just a format change to a couple of cells.

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks

Kris

Kris,

How well does this work for you? Is this effective? No problems with it?

Then it's no problem.

Stijloor.

K

kmyers

That was my opinion also, but I know that there are many on here with alot more knowledge than myself.

Top Bottom