Standard covering all the organization - What standards must I buy?

S

selena15

Hi Cove
I have a question, i asked one colleague in manufacturing about what the standard used in order to get it properly ( copyright again :D )
Additionaly of what it is using as ISO 9001... , He ask me to buy 4 standart concerning the calibrations and measurement equipments in general ( ISO 10012, XO7016...etc)
I'm confused, do really need to get all these? i always thought that we got ' masrer standart as iso 9001) which cover all the organization and we don't need to get all the others mainly when the calibrations isn't our reason to exist :notme:. It is just one process within the manufacturing.
Some advice would be nice, mainly when i see these need just as a desir to get overview about these topic .
Even it would be interesting to get them and maybe it is not so expensive, but the issue is what is our really need ?
:thanx:

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Even though your company does not do calibrations as a 'product', if you are doing calibrations in-house you may need the standards that are being recommended. ISO 9001 addresses your company's 'quality' system but only provides basic requirements with respect to calibrations.

S

selena15

Agreed Mark
It is okay to get as much knowledge as we can and properly. I'm not stingy :lmao:.
Let's see, first i wanted to know what we used really and started with the most needed and which cover all and later go to the more detailled
For instance, for laboratory, ISO 17025 cover all the issues in the lab.
and my fellow when he propose to me to get some standards relating to the calibrating of manufacturing devices as

NM ISO 10012-2005 Management Systems of measuring - guidelines for measurement device processes

another one about : International Vocabulary of general des terms of metrology

X07016 (Décembre 1993) - Tests - metrology within the organization

At Last one about : Metrology within the org - Certificat of calibrations certificat of des means of measuring

I hope that i translate them well

To coming back to my question, it seems to say the same thing and in this case why not just to get one which cover one
thanks marks :thanx:

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
The 'additional' standards, such as X07016 (Décembre 1993) - Tests - metrology within the organization may be appropriate books in the sense that many engineers and machinist types keep a copy of The Machinist's Handbook. I'm not familiar with, nor do I have a copy of, ISO 10012 Management Systems of measuring - guidelines for measurement device processes but again - This appears to be the current relevant ISO document specific to calibration and control of calibration (Management Systems of measuring). The thing is, most of these are essentially Reference documents as opposed to standards you can certify a company to. It's like ISO 9004:2000 (continuous improvement) and ISO 9000:2000 (definitions). Not many companies get a copy of either of them. You don't certify a company to them. But it is good practice to have copies of them as there is some good content in each.

S

selena15

Ok i got it thanks Mark.

Let's say these two as we confirm and The ISO 9001 will support them
:thanx:

howste

Thaumaturge
Trusted Information Resource
ISO 10012 was listed as a guidance document in clause 7.6 of ISO 9001:2000. If you (or your company) want or need guidance on the topic, feel free to buy it.

In ISO 9001:2008 it is one of 18 different standards listed in the bibliography. I don't own all of them, but I do own 13 of them...
ISO 9004:—, Managing for the sustained success of an organization — A quality management approach
ISO 10001:2007, Quality management — Customer satisfaction — Guidelines for codes of conduct for organizations
ISO 10002:2004, Quality management — Customer satisfaction — Guidelines for complaints handling in organizations
ISO 10003:2007, Quality management — Customer satisfaction — Guidelines for dispute resolution external to organizations
ISO 10005:2005, Quality management systems — Guidelines for quality plans
ISO 10006:2003, Quality management systems — Guidelines for quality management in projects
ISO 10007:2003, Quality management systems — Guidelines for configuration management
ISO 10012:2003, Measurement management systems — Requirements for measurement processes and measuring equipment
ISO/TR 10013:2001, Guidelines for quality management system documentation
ISO 10014:2006, Quality management — Guidelines for realizing financial and economic benefits
ISO 10015:1999, Quality management — Guidelines for training
ISO/TR 10017:2003, Guidance on statistical techniques for ISO 9001:2000
ISO 10019:2005, Guidelines for the selection of quality management system consultants and use of their services
ISO 14001:2004, Environmental management systems — Requirements with guidance for use
ISO 19011:2002, Guidelines for quality and/or environmental management systems auditing
IEC 60300-1:2003, Dependability management — Part 1: Dependability management systems
IEC 61160:2006, Design review
ISO/IEC 90003:2004, Software engineering — Guidelines for the application of ISO 9001:2000 to computer software

Top Bottom