Study Type 1 on a CMM using a measuring support

cnbrosa

Registered
Hello Everyone.

I need to perform a Study Type 1 on a CMM using a measuring support.

First step measure 1 part 15x on a CMM without moving the part to obtain the reference value. Then measure the same part at least 50x or more times, moving the part in the measuring support.

Question:

This measuring is supposed to be 1 time per day totalizing 50x, moving the part from the measuring support? Or several times in the same day, moving the part from the measuring support???

Thanks in advance.
Cláudio Rosa

Miner

Forum Moderator
Leader
Admin
The Type 1 study is a repeatability study, so the key requirement is the removal and replacement of the product from the measuring support. Introducing the element of time changes this from a Type 1 study into a stability study, which answers a different question.

cnbrosa

Registered
The Type 1 study is a repeatability study, so the key requirement is the removal and replacement of the product from the measuring support. Introducing the element of time changes this from a Type 1 study into a stability study, which answers a different question.

Hello Miner. Other question:

I have a MSA plan with all measuring/ Control supports.

I made a study type 1 when they were new in the plant for the device acceptance. After that, should I make a study type 1 every year? Or only a control chart for the stability?

Thanks in advance.

Miner

Forum Moderator
Leader
Admin
While the accuracy of a measurement device can change over time due to wear (calibration) or environmental conditions (stability study), the repeatability and reproducibility typically do not change unless there has been a change to the measurement system (including methods), so there is no need to perform Type 1 R or R&R studies on specified intervals. Rather, repeat the study when, and if, a change is made to the system.

Last edited:
Top Bottom