Supplier performance/100%on time del.

D

Debra Woodford

Looking for some help on tracking supplier performance/On time delivery. Also in tracking our own on time delivery. Just three of the areas that we were found nonconforming in during our Pre assessment last week.
thanks for the help
Deb

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
D
I am in the processing of developing subcontractor performance to be in compliance with QS. We made it threough assessment over a week ago, and did not take any hits for this, but it was not smooth sailing, and I still have a long way to go.
To track your own on-time delivery, you need someone to give you a list of the lates every month-preferably someone from shipping. To track your suppliers on-time delivery, you need to come up with a system; decide how ling they have to et the product to you on time and go from there. Hope this was helpful.

D
Performance is the tough one. Time conssuming but can be done. Track your suppliers PPM; if they have nonconforming prtoduct; write them up and demand corrective action. This document will enable you to track how many pieces they scrap, how many they produce will need to be tracked another way. I am still learning as I go, so I will stop here and see what ideas others have. Good luck!

T

Tom Goetzinger

Talk to your IS person. Most computer systems can be made to generate reports providing the type of information that you are looking for. Be careful to validate the information to insure that it is as correct and valid as possible. If possible, make your measurements as objective as possible and have the backup detail available to support the summaries.
Having said that, be very careful how you use the information. Accurate, objective information makes an excellent TOOL to be used to identify opportunities for improvement. That same information can be very dangerous when used as a WEAPON to beat on supplies or internal departments.
I know from experience that a supplier's performance summary can be very misleading, so it must be used carefully, thoughfully, and with a true understanding of the circumstances surrounding it.
Be careful who you share information with until you really understand it. I've seen executives make unfortunate decisions based on information they did really not understand.

Kevin Mader

One of THE Original Covers!
Staff member
Admin
I'm with Tom on this. This would provide an easier route as the reporting system exists (hopefully anyway).

D

Debra Woodford

Thank you all for your help and quick response. I will forward this information to our purchasing agent, & S & R manager. I am sure they will be very greatful for the help. I am really impressed with this form of interactive "help line" This whole thing can really get confusing, and sometime it just takes reading it in black & white from another source to get it to click.
Thanks again Deb

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
V Looking for a Supplier Evaluation template for Environmental Performance Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 1
B Measuring Supplier Quality Performance Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 10
I Monitoring Supplier Performance when our Supplier is also our Customer Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 8
S Trading Company - Evaluating Supplier Performance and Approved Supplier List ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
J Aviation Distributor Supplier Performance Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 7
K Supplier Performance and Supplier Rating Process - AS9100 Requirements AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 12
H XLS file for Supplier Monthly Performance Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 2
H Supplier Monthly Performance Score Card - Please Review Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 5
C Supplier Performance Index (Spi) - Supplier Rating Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 10
P Calibration Vendor (Supplier) Performance and Expectations General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 8
S Acceptable Supplier Scorecard Performance Indicators Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 7
K Supplier Performance - Recording Supplier Performance for long term trend reporting ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
S Supplier Performance of "non-key" Supplier ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
A Procedure for Supplier Selection and Performance Evaluation - Comprehensive Example Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 5
J When to start counting supplier PPM? Supplier Performance Metrics Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 4
N Seeking supply chain diagram & supplier quality performance procedure Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 3
Q Phase 2 Audit - OFI for Supplier Performance and Monitoring IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
J Need Advice on Supplier Performance Rating System Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 9
P Supplier Performance Measurement PPM (parts per million)? Benchmarking 10
T New Supplier Evaluated on Past Performance? Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 9
M Managing & monitoring the performance of a large supplier base with small headcount. Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 11
S Staff Augmentation Vendor (Supplier) - Performance Evaluation (rating & index) Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 8
J Supplier Performance Scorecard sample format or template needed Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
F What are the Performance Indicators for Supplier Quality Management Department Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 11
L Boeing Video "Supplier Performance Measurement in BEST" - Supplier Expectations Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 8
P Definition Dock-to-Stock Process based on Historical Quality Performance of a Part and Supplier Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 8
M Supplier performance evaluation Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 2
F Review my Supplier Performance Measure and Rating System Procedure Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 3
M Dock to Stock system used as a supplier performance review method Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 8
R How can one know if a supplier with good performance is continuously improving? Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 8
C Automotive OEM Score Card Templates - Supplier performance measurement tool Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 18
P Supplier Performance Issue - Seeking Advice Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 7
W Supplier monitoring / Customer satisfaction - Different performance indicators IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
S Supplier Performance Improvement, Inspection Process Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 6
Q Supplier Defects Per Million Metric - Best way to depict monthly supplier performance Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 3
Marc TS 16949 7.4.3.2 - Supplier Performance Monitoring Requirements - What are they? Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 4
T Freight Carriers - Disqualify a customer defined supplier with poor performance? Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 8
D Supplier Quality Management including Supplier performance evaluation methods Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 2
F How can we track the delivery performance of each supplier? Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 15
Marc Supplier Delivery Performance Monitoring - Critical Path Scheduling - TE - 4.15.6 Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 2
J Minimum Supplier Certifications for Food Supplements Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 0
R Supplier/Vendor Surveys (360) Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 1
was named killer AS9100 Supplier Approval Requirements AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 10
B AS9100 8.4.1 Supplier Selection/Evaluation criteria and reevaluations AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 4
J Sub-supplier change from manual to automated process - same specs - Report to FDA? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
M Supplier Audit Report - Template for second party audit wanted Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 1
T Difference between a subcontractor and a supplier ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 21
Ed Panek Corona Virus impact on Supplier Audits and Received Parts ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
NDesouza Verification of Supplier RCCAs Nonconformance and Corrective Action 5
K Supply Agreement Regarding MDR 2017/745 - Manufacturer-supplier cooperation Other Medical Device Related Standards 0