Template for preparing Consultant's Proposal for Implementing ISO 9001:2000

K

ketsheth

Dear All,

I represent a startup venture providing services in ISO 9001 Consulting. however to improve the standard of our proposal, i am seeking your help. if you could kindly provide me with some resources on templates for ISO 9001 Consulting Proposals or if you could provide me with the files.

looking forward to your help

Thnx and regards

Keta

:thanx:l

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
You want an example of a contract for you to present to a company for you to assist them in implementing ISO 9001?

Ajit Basrur

Leader
Admin
Dear All,

I represent a startup venture providing services in ISO 9001 Consulting. however to improve the standard of our proposal, i am seeking your help. if you could kindly provide me with some resources on templates for ISO 9001 Consulting Proposals or if you could provide me with the files.

looking forward to your help

Thnx and regards

Keta

:thanx:l

Namaste (Greetings) and welcome to the Cove Keta :bigwave:

Being a weekend the response at the Cove is much slower than weekdays and hence you may have to wait until the beginning of the next week for responses.

Until then, you can use SEARCH functions and browse through various informative posts in the Cove. Pl do write your responses to posts that you can contribute.

:)

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
Here you go:

1. Here's what we can do

2. Here's what it will cost.

Keep it simple.

Good advice, but I would change it a bit:
  1. Here's what we will do
  2. Here's what you have to do
  3. Here's what it will cost.
And rather than relying on a template downloaded from the Internet, it should be written by a lawyer.

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
Good advice, but I would change it a bit:
  1. Here's what we will do
  2. Here's what you have to do
  3. Here's what it will cost.
And rather than relying on a template downloaded from the Internet, it should be written by a lawyer.
Not just by any lawyer, but one who is experienced in dealing with contracts that do not SCARE the prospective client. Instructions to the lawyer should be "write this in plain language that will not run up lawyer fees for the client to understand the document, BUT make sure each side has a fair escape clause if things don't work out."

It is important to pay attention to Jim's item 2:
The client needs to cooperate in helping the consultant spread a Quality culture that benefits the business first and (almost incidentally) fulfills the ISO Standard..

Wes's note:
The consultant probably will have the best chance of success if he helps the client understand the QMS is part of, not separate from, the Business Management System.

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Here you go:

1. Here's what we can do

2. Here's what it will cost.

Keep it simple.
Ah, if we could only make things as simple as that. Your #1 is wrong. You have to quote what you will do, not what you can do. Sounds simple, but the reality is each of the two line items you cite (personally, I always did a breakout of the main costs/fees) would contain a number of sub-clauses. It is not simple to write up a quote. In part content will depend upon the scope of the job, not to mention specifics of the company.

You do want to ensure you have some type of disclaimer to address what will happen if the company does not follow your plan / advice. I've been in a number of situations with companies where for one reason or another (often a lack of resources) the company did not keep moving with the plan. I'd visit and check things out and find absolutely nothing had happened since I was last there. A good thread which somewhat relates to this is: As a consultant, have you ever fired a client?. The next thing you know, the client is mad because the project is running late and they tend to blame the consultant when it's their own fault. Over the years I have 'quit' several clients where the upper management that I was dealing with did not (in my opinion) have their eyes open.

When you do a quote, take your time and put in enough details so everyone knows what is expected, as well as exactly what you will provide. Include a project plan. I used to use Microsoft's Project software. For example, some of my clients wanted me to wrap training into the quote. Some wanted internal auditor training. Some wanted Introduction to ISO 9001 for Employees and Managers training. For things like that you have to know how many people they'll want trained because of things like printing costs of course booklets.

I'll try to find a quote somewhere if I can dig one up before the first of the week to post as an example, but remember that every company / job is different. You can use a template for starting out, but it takes work to put together a good quite, and it is very rarely a simple job in and of its self.

Top Bottom