"The More I'm Around Some People..."

L

Laura M

I see people driving while talking on the phone, which is against the law here, and weaving all over the road like a drunk.

I see people driving like idiots in their Volo’s, Beemers, SUV’s, etc., as they have been lead to believe that there vehicle is the safest thing on the road. What about what the rest of us are driving?

I have people tail gating me at 75 to 80 mph in the left lane, as I had the audacity to try and pass someone at less than 90 mph. The speed limit here is 55 mph.

I have also extricated my fair share of these people from their fancy cars after they have lost control and rolled over and/or crashed into something or someone else. The “life flight” helicopter is a frequent sight at many calls.

I see people running red lights, which is against the law, as they have to get somewhere.

With regards to this guys accident, lets remember that this guy had a car turn left in front of him.

My point is, these people are typically hypocrites when telling the rest of us that we should be wearing helmets, because we could hurt ourselves. If people obeyed the driving laws, accidents would be greatly reduced.

I would think these are the reasons to wear a helmet. The safest bike rider in the world can get in an accident caused by an idiot breaking the law, or driving recklessly. But I don't ride a motorcycle. I do wear a helmet when riding my bike.

B

Baldrick

Ed - I'd also like to add my condolences at this most awful of times. I can't even begin to imagine how you feel right now.

Best Wishes

Alex

L

Laura M

Ed,

I can't imagine what you are going through.

I extend the :bighug: :bighug:

I am very fortunate to have 2 healthy parents, dad will be 70 this summer. Mom is a year younger. So far, so good. They are both very cautious.

We are all with you on this. Wear seat belts...and helmets!

Our neighbor has 15 yr old riding a dirt bike with a helmet.....but it was 'hot' so the kids all loosened the strap. He crossed traffic, and got hit by a truck. Very lucky to be alive.....with a plate in his head. My son seeing him in the hospital was a message to him.

You are dealing with a parent, but several are dealing with kids.......

To All: Please, be it yourself or others, emphasize helmets and safety

Top Bottom