Thread Gage Calibration Software to look up requireds/specs for thread gages

T

tfc phil

Hi Wayne... you guessed right i am from the UK. thank you for the link i look forward to putting it through a thorough test. I will keep you updated on the ISO results. Phil

Wayne

Gage Crib Worldwide
...I look forward to putting it through a thorough test....
I assume that you are very knowledgeable in ISO screw thread calibration.

After your evaluation of any of the software, if you wish to send your feedback to the authors, with the intension of improving their usefulness in the EU marketplace, I can get it to them.

BTW: Please send developmental feedback by private message. Open forum is not the appropriate platform for that type of communication.

Phil, in keeping with the Cove's policy of full disclosure: The company that I work for sells the three most popular versions of Screw Thread Engineering software available in the USA. We sell: STETFS; Thread Disc; ThreadTech.

M

MICROMETER II

I work at small company I'll be working on the calibration program I use Plug/Ring gages in receiving do I need is a calibration or verification procedure ?

Wayne

Gage Crib Worldwide
I work at small company I'll be working on the calibration program I use Plug/Ring gages in receiving do I need is a calibration or verification procedure ?
Your question is simple, but the answer can become complicated.
Because of the title of the thread I ASSUME that the Plug/Ring gages are Thread Plug and Thread Ring gages. By the syntax of your question I assume that you are not in USA. I am having some difficulty in understanding your exact need.

If I understand your question as: I'll be working on the calibration program. I use thread Plug/Ring gages. Do I need a calibration or verification procedure?
The answer is yes. All inspection tools need to be verified for accuracy on some frequency.

If I understand your question as: I'll be working on the calibration program. I use thread Plug/Ring gages. I need a calibration or verification procedure? Is there a standardized procedure available?
There are several aspects of procedures which may be desired. Some procedures address the time schedule for calibration and others delineate the method of calibration. There is no standardized procedure which addresses specifically thread gages. Someone frequenting Elsmar Cove may have a local procedure which they may be willing to share with you, but it would be expected that there is no standardized procedure which would exactly fit your application. I expect that you will be able to use someone else's procedure as a basis to build your own.

If this did not address your question, please supply more information as to your requirements?

Last edited:
M

MICROMETER II

Wayne,
Thank you for your answer to be more specific I am currently working toward ISO 9001:2008 certification. I need to put in place a Calibration Program I know that some measuring tools have to be calibrated (like micrometer and calipers)and some tools can be used "for reference only".We have some go/no go thread ring gages and some thread plug gauges that we use them for receiving inspection only. what do I do with them?

Wayne

Gage Crib Worldwide
... to be more specific I am currently working toward ISO 9001:2008 certification. I need to put in place a Calibration Program. I know that some measuring tools have to be calibrated (like micrometer and calipers) and some tools can be used "for reference only". We have some go/no go thread ring gages and some thread plug gauges that we use them for receiving inspection only. What do I do with them?
Thread gages require calibration at some interval. Any gage used "for reference only" is useless if it is out of tolerance. Thread gages are made of steel and will change size over time. If you are inspecting Aluminum or Stainless Steel then you may experience gauling. If you are measuring other materials then you will see gage wear. The best frequency for calibration is developed internally based on usage (not time) and experience with your local conditions.

There can be little doubt that there are some highly qualified and respected people posting in this thread. However, I would like to point out that when a member posts something about a product or service, and they have a relationship with said product or service, such as ownership of or employment by the company producing the product or service, or are a competitor of such product or service, their relationship should be clearly noted in the posts.

Folks, we don't want a "battle of the bands" going on here, just an honest and open exchange of ideas and information.
Is this Craig Howell? This is Pieter (Thoratec Corp.) Hope you are well!

Wayne

Gage Crib Worldwide
I have a sofware that will give you all the information you need to calibrate every type of thread gage.

Admin note: This is essentially in response to posts in this thread about software RJL is associated with so I am OKing it. Further responses should be discussed within the forum.
I just reread this thread, and thought that I would report on RJL...

RJL = Reed J. Lagasse, President of RJL STETFS Corp, 72, of Derby died on March 10, 2013. The executors of his estate sold the software rights to Osborn Products. Reed never left a source/access code for STETFS software, so Osborn Products is not marketing the software. STETFS is officially off the market; no longer available.

Top Bottom