Thread Gauge Wear Check

A

Al Cohen

Thread Gauge wear check..

Gaugemasters! I was wondering about your views regarding "wear checks only" for thread gauge calibration (I understand that this option was not available under NAMAS rules). I believe that the "wear check" only looks at the the three diameters (Major, minor & effective) to determine wether the gauge has drifted out of tolerance since the last UKAS calibration. I feel quite happy about saving money in this way (approx 50%!!). Does any gaugemaster know of any potential traps that I may fall into calibrating our gauges in this manner. At the moment I can only see the benefits of cost savings (I have been assured that we would remain ISO9K2K compliant).

Cheers

Al

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
Marc said:
No takers on this topic?
I know a lot about gages (American spelling), especially tapered thread ring gages. Even so, this is a very touchy topic that should be discussed in depth with the gage manufacturer and any third party lab that certifies the gages for accuracy. Also note there is a huge difference between calibrating a plug or ring gage for wear and certifying to its accuracy. In short, I'm NOT a "taker" on this topic.

Top Bottom