Tips/Ideas on how to handle 100% sorting

Hybrid

Involved In Discussions
I've recently encountered a challenge where we're receiving larger orders from significant customers who demand 100% sorting of parts with over 50 critical features. While our Keyence devices can automatically measure about 75% of these features, I'm grappling with the most efficient way to handle this situation. Currently, my approach seems to be taking an excessive amount of time. How can I optimize my process to ensure timely and accurate handling of these demanding requirements?

Mike S.

Happy to be Alive
Trusted Information Resource
You don't provide nearly enough information for anyone to help you.

Sorting how? Do you mean sorted by good/bad as in 100% inspection?

What kind(s) of features?

What risks are involved if a "bad" parts gets accepted?

Etc.

Ron Rompen

Trusted Information Resource
I agree with Mike S. comment, however I will throw in my $0.02 based on this limited information.
for any kind of 100% sort, you DEFINITELY require automation - far too high a potential for a human to 'miss' the inspection on one part, and that (of course) will be the part that fails.

EdenG

Starting to get Involved
You need to create an inspection plan (this should link to your control plan for these critical features / special characteristics, introducing the idea of risk management as Mike said). Management should be supporting you with your workload, think headcount / overtime.

Top Bottom