Tracking Expiration dates on compliance certifications

MDRexpert

Involved In Discussions
Hello Everyone,

I am creating a system to track all of our compliance letters - REACH, RoHs, PROP 65, CMR, BSE/TSE etc.
Can someone share how they track all their certs (no software suggestions please) and also if there are timelines to when these certs expire?
I have had some companies send me these certs with validity on them while some don't. Does the company define the validity on them or we can create a system to define the timeline on these?
Can someone help how I can define the timeline on these documents? For example, REACH and RoHs list gets frequently updates so an annual update of these documents seem appropriate while PROP65, animal/human derivative or conflict minerals can be every two years? I can set these timelines for our internal purposes but just want to ensure if there's a guidance related to these.

Thank you!

planB

Super Moderator
Why do you want to have an expiry date on these certificates? Would you not have a more efficient process in place if you defined in supplier contracts that you have to get notified by the supplier in case the compliance state of the original supplier certificates changed?

MDRexpert

Involved In Discussions
Why do you want to have an expiry date on these certificates? Would you not have a more efficient process in place if you defined in supplier contracts that you have to get notified by the supplier in case the compliance state of the original supplier certificates changed?

Certificates like REACH and RoHs change often and require constant updates. So I wanted to define timeline on these. Unlike certificates like conflict mineral, prop65 don’t change that often and can last longer. So was just wondering how people are doing all the tracking of these certs.

Top Bottom