Using Lotus Notes/Domino for Document Control

S

sudwel

Hi Covers!:bigwave:

When I started my new position back in April - I was introduced into the world of Lotus Notes/Domino. Having thought that "Lotus" had gone the way of the dinosaur, I was surprised to discover it - and have become extremely excited over the seemingly endless possible applications for this product!

With the assistance of our IT person, who is somewhat of a Domino (as he insists we call it!) guru, we've built a "Master List" for all documents that fall under the QMS umbrella (only our drinking water system falls under it) - having been responsible for a somewhat cumbersome, cobbled together electronic document control system at my former employer, I'm thrilled with the capabilities of Domino.

So - what I'm wondering, is if there is anyone out there using Lotus Notes/Domino for a similar application? If so - would you be willing to share how you use it? I know I've just really scraped the surface on what Domino is capable of, and I'm sure there is additional functionality that I'm not aware of that would be fantastic! Currently my IT person is working on configuring an application through Domino to make my Nonconformance/Corrective Action system completely electronic! (I'm SO excited!)

Thanks!
Darlene

C

Craig H.

Hi, Darlene!

We are currently using QSi from IBS that is an integrated ISO 9001 system running on the Notes platform. It might save some time to get a canned program like this. It is much, much easier than the old mismash of paper and software we used to use.

You're right about Notes. It can do some pretty amazing stuff.

S

sudwel

We are currently using QSi from IBS that is an integrated ISO 9001 system running on the Notes platform. It might save some time to get a canned program like this. It is much, much easier than the old mismash of paper and software we used to use.

FANTASTIC! Thanks! I've requested a demo from them!

We aren't running under ISO - we're under the Province of Ontario's Drinking Water Quality Management Standard - but there are a lot of similar requirements, so it may still work!

Darlene

C

Craig H.

FANTASTIC! Thanks! I've requested a demo from them!

We aren't running under ISO - we're under the Province of Ontario's Drinking Water Quality Management Standard - but there are a lot of similar requirements, so it may still work!

Darlene

The doc control will most certainly work. Just remember to put your people's names in first, before the procs, so that the training section can be used as well. If you track calib, it is there as well.

Good luck! If you have any questions PM me.

A

achorste

I used Qsi at my last firm, not a bad system to be sure, well worth a try.

Top Bottom