Video under Document Control SOP

invitro_spain

Involved In Discussions
Hi Folks,

I wonder How I can apply the Document Control SOP and ISO 13485 requirement to a video. The content of this video is the description of our device method of use. So, the video is used for the Customer training.

Any idea will be appreciated. Thanks

ScottK

Not out of the crisis
Leader
Super Moderator
Hi Folks,

I wonder How I can apply the Document Control SOP and ISO 13485 requirement to a video. The content of this video is the description of our device method of use. So, the video is used for the Customer training.

Any idea will be appreciated. Thanks

First I would make a provision in the document control procedure that videos can be considered documents and, if so, must be controlled in accordance with the procedure.

I personally would control it just like a work instruction but I would make a provision that the revision level is documented in the file name... like "Training Video 1 Rev A Jan 25 2018.mpg" or something. Use the same change control process as any other document.

I have worked with electronic doc management systems that will also accept video and audio files so it's not an unheard of thing.

invitro_spain

Involved In Discussions
First I would make a provision in the document control procedure that videos can be considered documents and, if so, must be controlled in accordance with the procedure.

I personally would control it just like a work instruction but I would make a provision that the revision level is documented in the file name... like "Training Video 1 Rev A Jan 25 2018.mpg" or something. Use the same change control process as any other document.

I have worked with electronic doc management systems that will also accept video and audio files so it's not an unheard of thing.

Thank you. Although we have and a hybrid system (paper-based and some electronics records), I suppose that modify the Document Control SOP and upload the video in the document flow (Alfresco in this case) is enough as a evidence.

Top Bottom