Warehouse Space Utilization Spreadsheet

M

Marla Diaz

Hi. We'd like to add as performance indicator e.g. 90% warehouse space utilization aside from 100% inventory accuracy. Does anybody have an excel (maybe) file/doc which can be used to compute for warehouse space utilization?

Thanks,
Marla

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
Marla Diaz said:
Hi. We'd like to add as performance indicator e.g. 90% warehouse space utilization aside from 100% inventory accuracy. Does anybody have an excel (maybe) file/doc which can be used to compute for warehouse space utilization?

Thanks,
Marla
I'm a little thick when it comes to inventory issues, but it seems to me that the goal these days is to have as little inventory as possible of all kinds (parts, WIP, finished goods, etc.). Why would 90% warehouse utilization be considered a good thing, unless you're trying to reduce it? Also, and remember I'm not too sharp when it comes to these things, wouldn't you calculate space utilization just by dividing the space used by the space available?

M

Marla Diaz

Warehuse space utilization spreadsheet

Dear JSW05,

Your right, we're after the 100% warehouse utilization and not 90%. Ok, will do that calculation and hopefully come up with a good presentation with charts.

Thanks!

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
Marla Diaz said:
Dear JSW05,

Your right, we're after the 100% warehouse utilization and not 90%. Ok, will do that calculation and hopefully come up with a good presentation with charts.

Thanks!
Marla,
Perhaps you misunderstood me. Why would you want your warehouse to be full all the time? Isn't it a better idea to carry as little inventory as possible?

N

nickh - 2011

You know, I can see using this metric if your goal is to reduce the warehouse footprint as you reduce inventory. Or perhaps, if your utilization is over 100% (inventory overflow) and the goal is to reduce inventory to some preset target level, then that might make sense too. But if you're adding inventory just to fill up space, well ... I'm confused too.

M

Marla Diaz

Daer JSW05, nickh,

We are operating a commercial and a customs bonded warehouse but only the commercial warehouse is included in the scope of our 9K2K certification (site specific). A 100% space utilization would mean revenue for us.

Thanks,
Marla

Top Bottom