What companies think climate change will have a material impact on their business?

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
Indeed, the underwriters could say “if Wimbledon can insure specifically for losses from a pandemic then all the others relying on their general policies can go whistle” while paying for the Wimbledon losses in full.

...along with all the other claims from customers with pandemic cover.
What does this have to do with climate change?

fabiogms

Registered
for material impact by the climate change, I am afraid every company will have no option but to face it as soon as this company is built for last. If the owner just wants to earn some money, the close the company, he or she need not worry about too much. Because, he or she don't need to think about the climate change. In another world, the government and industrial associations should take more active roles in the campaign to publish more and more practical laws and regulations on all the elements and variations which might cause impact on the climate changes. It is a comprehensive project, this cannot be done by the company/factory itself. More laws should be come into being in every country.

John Broomfield

Leader
Super Moderator
for material impact by the climate change, I am afraid every company will have no option but to face it as soon as this company is built for last. If the owner just wants to earn some money, the close the company, he or she need not worry about too much. Because, he or she don't need to think about the climate change. In another world, the government and industrial associations should take more active roles in the campaign to publish more and more practical laws and regulations on all the elements and variations which might cause impact on the climate changes. It is a comprehensive project, this cannot be done by the company/factory itself. More laws should be come into being in every country.

Or omit the "middle man" and develop your management system to eliminate waste (and make more money) so it also reduces your company's impact on global heating for the benefit of all interested parties.

Regulators can then see what is possible and make life difficult for your competitors.

Etcetera.

Last edited:

Mike S.

Happy to be Alive
Trusted Information Resource
More laws? Yeah, we need another global summit where all the "leaders" of the movement supposedly concerned about climate change caused by humans fly-in on their private jets to propose more laws that mostly only affect a few countries and lecture us on how we need to start living like paupers to "save the planet".

Most companies will only be affected indirectly as a result of laws, not directly by any change in climate.

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Is the answer to do nothing?

What companies think climate change will have a material impact on their business?

Scientists from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) and Scripps Institute of Oceanography at the University of California, San Diego working at NOAA's Mauna Loa Atmospheric Baseline Observatory in Hawaii said the May measurements—an increase from 417 parts per million (ppm) in May 2020—mean that "the atmospheric burden of CO2 is now comparable to where it was during the Pliocene Climatic Optimum, between 4.1 and 4.5 million years ago, when CO2 was close to, or above 400 ppm."

"The solution is right before our eyes. Solar energy and wind are already cheaper than fossil fuels and they work at the scales that are required. If we take real action soon, we might still be able to avoid catastrophic climate change." —Pieter Tans, NOAA

Matt's Quality Handle

Involved In Discussions
Is the answer to do nothing?

View attachment 27911

Scientists from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) and Scripps Institute of Oceanography at the University of California, San Diego working at NOAA's Mauna Loa Atmospheric Baseline Observatory in Hawaii said the May measurements—an increase from 417 parts per million (ppm) in May 2020—mean that "the atmospheric burden of CO2 is now comparable to where it was during the Pliocene Climatic Optimum, between 4.1 and 4.5 million years ago, when CO2 was close to, or above 400 ppm."

"The solution is right before our eyes. Solar energy and wind are already cheaper than fossil fuels and they work at the scales that are required. If we take real action soon, we might still be able to avoid catastrophic climate change." —Pieter Tans, NOAA

Marc, your signature is apropos in this thread...

Mike S.

Happy to be Alive
On second thought - I just deleted everything I wrote. History shows that I get into trouble when I post in these kinds of threads...I'm outta here. :censored:

Ninja

Looking for Reality
A curiosity that I don't have time at the moment to dig into...anyone have a shortcut?

It was posited to me today that the energy to fabricate wind farming turbine blades exceeds the energy that they harvest over a 30yr lifespan (assuming no maintenance required even).

Anyone already look into that sort of claim and have links to save me a few searches to vet or deny?

Top Bottom