What is a Product Assurance Plan and What is its Purpose?

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cochranemurray

Re: What is a Product Assurance Plan

I think in this example, it is a contingency plan. i.e. if your factory looses power supply for the day (fairly minor event) or if the factory burns down (fairly major event :( ) do you have alternative production facilities or back up to ensure that the customer gets their order.

Miner

Forum Moderator
Leader
Admin
This may be outdated information since I have been out of the automotive industry for a few years, but Chrysler used to have a Product Assurance Plan (PAP) Manual that described and documented the entire design concept to PPAP process by stage. Each stage had a documented plan with specific deliverables. It was more of a design plan than a control plan.

D

Detbyron

APQP Reference Manual:

The Product Assurance Plan translates design goals into Design requirements... The Product Assurance Plan can be developed in any understandable format and should include, but it not limited to the following actions:
  • Outlining of program requirements
  • Identification of reliability, durability, and apportionment/allocation goals and/or requirements
  • Assessment of new technology, complexity, materials, application, environment, packaging, service, and manufacturing requirements, or any other factor that may place the program at risk
  • Development of Failure Mode Analysis (FMA)
  • Development of preliminary engineering standards and requirements
The Product Assurance Plan is an important part of the Product Quality Plan.

pmwong - thanks for the example.

I am looking for something that is more all-encompasing that includes design actions.

Even though it is "an important part of the Product Quality Plan" I don't see many examples here and our company neglects it. Ahh well, I guess we don't really need it.
:(

linhuaijun2011

Registered
The product assurance plan first appeared in the first edition of the APQP manual in 1994. It has been 30 years since then, but almost no one knows what it looks like. Not only the people who implement APQP don’t know, but even the APQP reviewers don’t know.

optomist1

A Sea of Statistics
Super Moderator
Variations on a theme…from prior Aero/Defense days…we used the following term “Product Assurance Program Plan”, for the most part this was a “contract deliverable”, to DOD Customer(s). Included in this deliverable among other things was a “Contract Requirements Compliance Matrix”, demonstrating company program methods & tools used to satisfy each Contractual & Specification requirement.

In simple terms the PAPP, delineated specifics of how we/PA & QA would satisfy contractual requirements. .

Bev D

Heretical Statistician
Leader
Super Moderator
This is a very old thread - I am closing it to further comments…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom