What is the advantage of ISO? Private school that teaches from KG to grade 12

Al Rosen

Leader
Super Moderator
ralphsulser said:
The first question I would have is "Who is the customer"
Students, School board, administration, parents, tax base supporting the school disttrict?
Previously I attended and ASQ meeting where the speaker talked about hospitals that were trying to implement ISO9001 and the senior management stated that the Insurance companies were the customers, not the patients.
They think they are, don't they?

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
ralphsulser said:
The first question I would have is "Who is the customer"
Students, School board, administration, parents, tax base supporting the school disttrict?
Previously I attended and ASQ meeting where the speaker talked about hospitals that were trying to implement ISO9001 and the senior management stated that the Insurance companies were the customers, not the patients.
That's an eyebrow-raising thing to say, (insurance companies are the customers) while it's rather true. I would like to presume the message was to include insurance companies among customers. It's never just about the patients. I'm a firm believer that customers are all around us.

Chugach School District describes customers as Stakeholders and says: "It is essential that the students, parents, and community accept joint responsibility in the education of our students." http://www.chugachschools.com/csd_shared_vision.pdf

M

Mary_ENS

Customers

Thank you all for replaying, i really appreciate it!!!!

Well we are defining our customers as both of the parents and the students! We focus on satisfying both not just the kids, (some parents call to ask if the teacher be more strike with one student, or parents ask if the counselor can help a child to go through a rough time). So basically we focus on both parents and children.
Our school already take action to improve quality, seek the problems we r facing without the ISO.
Dose anyone know how long will it take to get the ISO from the day you apply. Can ur auditors be from different industries (university instead of school)? We are the only school in UAE to apple for this, so we might need to get auditors from outside the country.

Thank you all

Mary

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom