Where I can obtain/view a copy of ISO 14031? Environmental Performance Evaluation

K

Karen-Dawn

We are looking at taking our 14001 system to the next level. Does anyone know where I can obtain/view a copy of 14031?

I

IEGeek - 2006

I guess I need a little help.

What is ISO14031? Just curious.

Thanks

K

Karen-Dawn

14031 is the standard for environmental performance evaluation. I don't believe you can receive registration to it but from what I understand it can be used to create a stand alone system or can be used as a tool within a 14001 system. The latter is what I am interested in. I also understand 14031 focuses on how to measure, manage and report performance of your environmental aspects whereas 14001 focuses on developing elements and systems around the aspects. I believe the bottom line difference is 14001 leads to process and system improvements and 14031 leads to reducing impacts. All in all I think it is what we are all trying to achieve with our 14001 systems, I just wanted to see if it offered new insight on what and how we are collecting and reporting data.

We have many, many aspects all with very little significant impact so I am looking at ways where we can reduce the work and cost of maintaining the system while at the same time provide better insight that the system is working for us...

Randy

Super Moderator
We include 14031 in some of our EMS course offerings as a nice to have freebie. It's an OK document but we've covered a lot of what it contains right here in the Cove. Do some "SEARCHES" and see what shows up, you may be able to save a few bucks.

Top Bottom