Why "c" is small for cGMP (current Good manufacturing Practices)

Ajit Basrur

Leader
Admin
One of my trainees asked me, why is the "c" in cGMP (current Good Manufacturing Practices) in small letters ?

Any thoughts ?

NOTE: I see on FDA website that "c" could be both written in small and capital letters

Last edited:

harry

Trusted Information Resource
This is found in one of the websites/forums: cGMP means current Good manufacturing Practices. "c" should be written in small letters as it is dynamic and it changes.

This is from another site: GMP is also sometimes referred to as "cGMP". The "c" stands for "current," reminding manufacturers that they must employ technologies and systems which are up-to-date in order to comply with the regulation. Systems and equipment used to prevent contamination, mixups, and errors, which may have been "top-of-the-line" 20 years ago, may be less than adequate by today's standards..........

v9991

Trusted Information Resource
Facts About the Current Good Manufacturing Practices (CGMPs)

The CGMP requirements were established to be flexible in order to allow each manufacturer to decide individually how to best implement the necessary controls by using scientifically sound design, processing methods, and testing procedures. The flexibility in these regulations allows companies to use modern technologies and innovative approaches to achieve higher quality through continual improvement. Accordingly, the "C" in CGMP stands for "current," requiring companies to use technologies and systems that are up-to-date in order to comply with the regulations. Systems and equipment that may have been "top-of-the-line" to prevent contamination, mix-ups, and errors 10 or 20 years ago may be less than adequate by today's standards.

It is important to note that CGMPs are minimum requirements. Many pharmaceutical manufacturers are already implementing comprehensive, modern quality systems and risk management approaches that exceed these minimum standards.

https://d2cax41o7ahm5l.cloudfront.net/cs/speaker-pdfs/abha-doshi-met-college-of-pharmacy-india.pdf

Top Bottom