Working lunch, or where do you eat?

R

RosieA

I think I should move to Portugal, Antonio! I like your way better! :applause:

I love eating in my office. I love having an hour of quiet time to read in the middle of the day. Reading is a wonderful stress reliever and mental break.

The building I'm in is 5/8 mile long, so by the time I get to the parking lot, and get to a restaurant, I'm 15 or 20 minutes into my lunch hour. So I happlily spread out my repast on my work table and crack open my book right here in my home away from home.

Laura, when my kids were in the pre-teen years, I used to hang a poster on my frig each week telling them what they and their friends were free to eat and what was off limits. I'd think, "the kids won't eat 6 raw chicken breasts" but then I'd go to make dinner and...no chicken breasts. :mad: One of their friends loved to cook (later went to The Culinary Institute of America and became a chef) and he's grab the chicken breasts and experiment. Ergo: the poster. No assumptions!

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
RosieA said:
I think I should move to Portugal, Antonio! I like your way better! :applause:

I love eating in my office. I love having an hour of quiet time to read in the middle of the day. Reading is a wonderful stress reliever and mental break.

The building I'm in is 5/8 mile long, so by the time I get to the parking lot, and get to a restaurant, I'm 15 or 20 minutes into my lunch hour. So I happlily spread out my repast on my work table and crack open my book right here in my home away from home.

Laura, when my kids were in the pre-teen years, I used to hang a poster on my frig each week telling them what they and their friends were free to eat and what was off limits. I'd think, "the kids won't eat 6 raw chicken breasts" but then I'd go to make dinner and...no chicken breasts. :mad: One of their friends loved to cook (later went to The Culinary Institute of America and became a chef) and he's grab the chicken breasts and experiment. Ergo: the poster. No assumptions!
That's one CIA guy I'd love to have visit!:rolleyes:

Antonio Vieira

Involved - Posts
Trusted Information Resource
You may be sure, in Lisbon at lunch time, in the areas of the city with lots of offices the best business is good restaurants.
They are always crowded, with people waiting.
Here we still have a famous quote:
- If you are not good to eat, you are not good to work! :)

R

RosieA

Wes Bucey said:
That's one CIA guy I'd love to have visit!:rolleyes:

Did you know they have to wear uniforms? It's quite interesting to go visit CIA. They aren't at all covert. You could spot these guys coming from a mile away! Unfortunately, he did his experimenting either before I got home from work, or at 2AM long after the parental units had gone to bed. I just got the empty frig and dirty pots and pans.

L

Laura M

RosieA said:
Did you know they have to wear uniforms? It's quite interesting to go visit CIA. They aren't at all covert. You could spot these guys coming from a mile away! Unfortunately, he did his experimenting either before I got home from work, or at 2AM long after the parental units had gone to bed. I just got the empty frig and dirty pots and pans.
:D Apparently your 'job instruction' wasn't very clear! :topic: On a related note, which I forgot about, many years ago I had cooked some chicken wings, and left some raw for the next round of kids. Told my youngest the wings were done - about 5 or 6 years old at the time - grabbed the raw ones! Ate a couple and told me the chicken was 'tough.' I freaked! OH NO... He did come down with 'campalabacter' (sp)- some intestinal issue the next day. I don't know how, but every year I manage to do something that keeps me off the 'Mother of the Year' ballot. He is also the one that wants to be a chef in my family. Loves to cook and bake - since he was about 2.

A

Aaron Lupo

RosieA said:

I have an older brother that graduated from the CIA, gee must be about 15-16 years ago by now. What a place to eat!!!

R

RosieA

Ya, and a gorgeous spot. Overlooking the Hudson River just south of Franklin Roosevelt's home in Hyde Park...The dorms have a killer view.

I wouldn't mind going there for lunch... Unfortunately, it's a 4 hour drive to get there!

Top Bottom