AIAG release of TR 16949

R

Roger Eastin

Mountaineer - thanks for all the information. As you hear it, bring it here!
Mike - I'll be curious to see if your TS16949 package contains any customer-specific requirements. I tried to order the "TS-4pak" and was told that it would not be ready until the 4th quarter. I'll try again on Tuesday to order this.

M

mountaineer

TS (yes, it is now a Technical Sepcification) 16949 is indeed the standard. Each country will have an organization resonsible for publishing the 'customer-specific' requirements which will reside outside the TS 16949 document. In this manner, the IATF will be able to control the process in a much more prescriptive manner than has been exhibited by the QS-9000 registration process. The problem was not in the publishing-timeline; in fact there was no problem at all. The exclusion of customer-specific requirements from the TS document was planned from the beginning.

The latest words from B3 on behalf of the IATF was that the QS-9000 3rd Edition would not be replaced by TS 16949----the activities would continue in parallel. DaimlerChrysler (DCA) said a number of months ago that it would be accepting registration for QS-9000, VDA6.1 or TS 16949 as an acceptable quality management system.

TS 16949 is specifically structured for those companies that will be (or already are) providing goods to automotive companies on an international sales basis. Not 'Acme' brakes in Kokomo IN providing Ford Dearborn and 'Acme' brakes in Leverkusen Germany providing Ford Munich, but rather the 'Acme' brakes in Kokomo IN providing both Ford Dearborn and Munich would then likely want to be registered to TS 16949.

Talks are beginning next week (Sep 9 or 10 or 11) in SF to begin the task of revision of TS 16949 into the 9k2k format.

More later.##

M

Mike525

That's odd - I just placed an order with AIAG last week and was told delivery would be in two weeks - should have by end of next week. I was told the new PPAP wouldn't be available until end of 4th quarter - but that's ok 'cause we don't abide by all of PPAP requirements anyway.

Top Bottom