Management Review Methodology

Fatima97

Registered
Hello,

I'm kind of not experienced yet in the field. I want to know what is the methodology to hold the management review meeting? should I ask managers to prepare PPTs and gather them all together to discuss them? but at the same time they already do so in almost daily and weekly meetings so it's kind of not logic to do so.
also, we had a big annual meeting where everyone in the company gathered and gave some presentations regarding each department where they presented their KPIs and achievements. should this be considered as a management review?

Randy

Super Moderator
also, we had a big annual meeting where everyone in the company gathered and gave some presentations regarding each department where they presented their KPIs and achievements. should this be considered as a management review?
Most likely not depending on what was covered.

I'm kind of not experienced yet in the field. I want to know what is the methodology to hold the management review meeting? should I ask managers to prepare PPTs and gather them all together to discuss them?
That kind of thing can turn into a goat rope filled with meaningless fluff.

1st there is no requirement for any kind of meeting

2nd you don't have to do anything other than what is outlined in 9.3 (9.3.1, 9.3.2, 9.3.3).

You have a perfect outline and checklist handed to you don't waste your time and everyone else's creating something new and probably for the most part meaningless. The task at hand is to review the management system, and not the whole organization and your department head's self backslapping look what I did numbers.

Wearerofmanyhats

New, don't hurt me
To me,

Management review to do's should be blaringly obvious IMO, if they are not then you need to connect with your business better. Here's a thread from recent years where @Randy said pretty much the same thing I'm sure he's said many-a-time over the years.

Cheers bud

N.galt

Starting to get Involved
Hello,

I'm kind of not experienced yet in the field. I want to know what is the methodology to hold the management review meeting? should I ask managers to prepare PPTs and gather them all together to discuss them? but at the same time they already do so in almost daily and weekly meetings so it's kind of not logic to do so.
Varies from company to company how the management review is held- I've seen "fluffy" ones with lots of information (death by PowerPoint) and my current company holds management reviews that cover the basic requirements of the ISO:9001 standard. Both are correct, there's no set way of doing it.

To satisfy the requirements of ISO:9001 audit as Randy said- you need to follow the clause requirements. The "big annual meeting" that you mentioned, would unlikely satisfy the management review requirement.

Have you already implemented ISO:9001? If so, you should have some previous management review minutes. I would use that as starting point and then conduct some PESTLE analysis to get your basics covered.

Your question (correct me if I'm wrong), sounds more like a company culture question- you may want to ask your manager what is expected of you in this position. If you want to follow the death by PowerPoint example set by your colleagues and you want to do a fancy presentation, fine. Equally, if that's not your style and you want to do a smaller review with just the interested stakeholders- that is also acceptable. Both meet the requirements of ISO: 9001, provided you've reviewed all the clauses and have evidence that you've done so.

Golfman25

Trusted Information Resource
Hello,

I think you hit the nail on the head -- management review happens as a matter of course in everyday business dealings. So you're challenge is how to gather and document the everyday reviews. A lot will depend on how big your company is. We are small, I just use a checklist. If something comes up applicable to management review, we document it on the checklist. If your org is keeping minutes of these everyday meetings, maybe working thru those with a checklist.

Randy

Super Moderator
P
I think you hit the nail on the head -- management review happens as a matter of course in everyday business dealings. So you're challenge is how to gather and document the everyday reviews. A lot will depend on how big your company is. We are small, I just use a checklist. If something comes up applicable to management review, we document it on the checklist. If your org is keeping minutes of these everyday meetings, maybe working thru those with a checklist.
Pretty much, yep:agree1:. Kinda like a recent Thread on IMPROVEMENTS, we do it all the time in 100 different areas and never take credit for it because we think it's gotta be some fancy hoop-dee-doo with all the smoke, mirrors, dog's and ponies.

Top Bottom