Document Control System and Procedure Advice wanted

T

twinkle

My company is starting up a document control/records management group and I've been given an opportunity to lead the effort. I was wondering if I could get any tips on what has worked well vs what hasn't on the following points. I've been reading through many of the posts on this forum and feel the experience here could be beneficial as I begin placing the steps for my company to start off in the right direction:

1) We're beginning off in a paper based filing/control system until we can procure an electronic management system. Is there anything I can do in this interim period to help create a more seamless migration from paper to computer? Is there any procedure that i can get?

2) I haven't begun collecting documentation for control as I want a clear outlined plan of who is responsible for what so all parties involved understand their scope and the end result. Have any been responsible for the daunting task of beginning the orderly collection and control of project documentation with a lack of system and staff at this time?

3) Quality Documentation Control and Configuration Management - we're in the process of reviewing previously established procedures, plans, and forms for our project use and will begin the creation, control, and maintenance of documentation to our company. I feel this is a prime opportunity to start out on the right foot so we're all working in the same direction.

Any assistance is much appreciated

N

NFrier

My company is starting up a document control/records management group and I've been given an opportunity to lead the effort. I was wondering if I could get any tips on what has worked well vs what hasn't on the following points. I've been reading through many of the posts on this forum and feel the experience here could be beneficial as I begin placing the steps for my company to start off in the right direction:

1) We're beginning off in a paper based filing/control system until we can procure an electronic management system. Is there anything I can do in this interim period to help create a more seamless migration from paper to computer? Is there any procedure that i can get?

2) I haven't begun collecting documentation for control as I want a clear outlined plan of who is responsible for what so all parties involved understand their scope and the end result. Have any been responsible for the daunting task of beginning the orderly collection and control of project documentation with a lack of system and staff at this time?

3) Quality Documentation Control and Configuration Management - we're in the process of reviewing previously established procedures, plans, and forms for our project use and will begin the creation, control, and maintenance of documentation to our company. I feel this is a prime opportunity to start out on the right foot so we're all working in the same direction.

Any assistance is much appreciated

Hi There,
Let me know if you still need any help?

Thank you,

NFrier

Last edited by a moderator:

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Hi There,
Let me know if you still need any help?

Thank you,

NFrier
This thread is from 2010. If you have something you would like to add, please do so here in the thread.
line-eye.gif
Please be aware of our "No Self Promotion" aspect of The Elsmar Cove Forum TOS (Terms of Service).

Thanks.

Top Bottom