PMA A&P Document (i.e. Promotional Brochures, Flyers) Retention Requirements

D

Dan in RA

Hi Guys,

Should A&P materials (i.e. promotional brochures, flyers -- not device label, device manuals, etc) for a PMA device be kept both electronically and hardcopy? Note: Not Part 11 compliant.

Thanks,
Dan Reese

Last edited by a moderator:

Ajit Basrur

Leader
Admin
Dan,

When you say "kept", are you referring to retention periods of the advertising and promotional materials?

D

Dan in RA

A&P materials are currently printed and stored in filing cabinets. I'd like to think we can scan these documents and store on the network -- with the intent of doing away with the hard copies and filing cabinets altogether.

These A&P materials are currently kept indefinitely.

dsanabria

Quite Involved in Discussions
Why are you keeping them indefinitely?

Who are what is your authority to come to that conclusion.

Note: Most FAA docs are requires to be kept for 2 years.

D

Dan in RA

Not my decision -- they retain everything A&P well beyond 2 years, looking for options.

Thanks,
Dan

dsanabria

Quite Involved in Discussions
AH!!! so you have management telling you to keep all brochure indefinitely...

So your question is - how can I educate management that I am not required to store data longer than 2 years - time to educate yourself and do some research as to retention period of FAA documents.

It does not guarantee that management will listen to you or to FAA requirements - this is what they want to do and this is the ignorance that they will follow.

Al Rosen

Leader
Super Moderator
AH!!! so you have management telling you to keep all brochure indefinitely...

So your question is - how can I educate management that I am not required to store data longer than 2 years - time to educate yourself and do some research as to retention period of FAA documents.

It does not guarantee that management will listen to you or to FAA requirements - this is what they want to do and this is the ignorance that they will follow.
dsanabria, it's a medical device, not an aircraft.

Al Rosen

Leader
Super Moderator
The FDA quality systems (820.180) records retention requirement is the life of the device, but no less than 2 years. The requirement for the Corrections & removals, I believe is 2 years beyond the life of the device. There are other parts that have retention requirements, but it' the life of the device which governs the retention period.

Top Bottom