Overall Equipment Efficiency (OEE) calculation of 2 different scenarios.

V

vane0326

Hi everyone,

I have a problem in my OEE calculation I do not know if a machine is scheduled to work for 7.67 hours and the employee who supposed to work on the machine called in sick. Is that consider downtime? I know it will effect the availability % But should effect the performance as well? I left an excel workbook below with 2 different scenarios in 2 different worksheets. Please help I've been working on this for days. What worksheet is correct?

Attachments

• OEE.xls
    32 KB · Views: 650
Last edited by a moderator:
W

wmarhel

Re: OEE calculation of 2 different scenarios.

If an operator is absent, but the machine is capable of running; then the machine would be considered being "available". Availability is looked at as when a machine is capable of running. Downtime is usually a result of a stoppage or quality issue, but it hasn't been planned for.

Maintenance activities for example would reduce the time available, but they wouldn't necessarily be considered downtime if it was an activity that has been planned for, and scheduled.

Refer to the attachment in this post: OEE Worksheet

In your example, I would say that the machine was available, and that you did occur downtime. In this example, it should highlight the need for cross-training or a potential manning issue.

Wayne

V

vane0326

Re: OEE calculation of 2 different scenarios.

In your example, I would say that the machine was available, and that you did occur downtime. In this example, it should highlight the need for cross-training or a potential manning issue.

Wayne

Hi Wayne,

Thank you so much for replying. Just to be sure Worksheet "Downtime" is the one I should be using?

W

wmarhel

Yes. The machine was scheduled and it was available for operation, so it would be considered downtime.

Wayne

A

adrianpask - 2011

Might be worth considering some sort of OEE rule book to go with your monitoring system so that you can apply these rules consistently.

There's a cheeky part of me that says it doesn't actually matter where you put the loss so long as action is taken on it and that you're consistent and transparent.

Top Bottom