6.3 Infrastructure - 8.2.1 Customer Satisfaction - 8.4 Data Analysis

A

Anthon

Clause 5.3 ; 6.3 ; 8.2.1 ; 8.4

Can anyone explain in details for the following clauses where i'm a bit confuse?

5.3 Quality Policy
New : To include a commitment for continual improvement. What should I do for my quality policy? Do i need to change them?

6.3 Infrastructure
Is the standard asking for maintenance of machineries / equipment? Currently, I have a system of preventive maintenance of these equipments. Is it sufficient? OR Do i need to add something else?

8.2.1 Monitoring & Measuring customer satisfaction.
Can i just use customer complaint to measure this? What kind of measurement the standard required? Please give some example?

8.4 Data Analysis
Can anyone give me some examples? I'm confuse between 8.4 & 8.5.1. They seems to be the same.

Thanks in Advance

E Wall

Just Me!
Trusted Information Resource
Originally posted by Anthon:
Can anyone explain in details for the following clauses where i'm a bit confuse?

IMHO:

5.3 Quality Policy
New : To include a commitment for continual improvement. What should I do for my quality policy? Do i need to change them?

Only if you have no statement at this time regarding continually improving the effectiveness of the quality management system.

6.3 Infrastructure
Is the standard asking for maintenance of machineries / equipment? Currently, I have a system of preventive maintenance of these equipments. Is it sufficient? OR Do i need to add something else?

With an existing PM system you are most likely meeting these requirements. the new stuff relates to 'software' and 'supporting services'. Do a gap check for these, identify or implement what is done, and that should wrap it up.

8.2.1 Monitoring & Measuring customer satisfaction.
Can i just use customer complaint to measure this? What kind of measurement the standard required? Please give some example?

No. the "no news is good news" adage as related to customer complaints is not enough to satisfy this particular requirement. Key questions you must be able to answer: Is information relating to customer perception monitored by the organization as to wheterh custermer requiremetns have been met?
and second: Have the methodologies for obtaining and using information related to customer perception been determined?
Unless you have a business where customers come in and everyone leaves smiling giddily because they are so satisfied, you'll have to come up with other measureables.
examples: Customer complaints, direct communication with customers, questionnaires and surveys, reports from consumer organizations, reports in themedia, sector studies, focus groups, market share info, etc...

8.4 Data Analysis
Can anyone give me some examples? I'm confuse between 8.4 & 8.5.1. They seems to be the same.

Inculdes the data accumulated through internal monitoring of processes and data collected from 8.2.1 and other sections. The data has to be relevant to customer satisfaction and/or dissatisfaction, conformatnce to customer requirements, product and trends, characteristics of processses, and suppliers.
8.5.1 shows more what actions you have taken from the 8.4 analysis and how they have worked - and what follow-up was done.

I'd love to see others take on this as well. I keep trying to 'think outside the box' but tend to fall into the same comfortable routines. There is a lot of overlap in the clauses where one section requires the data, another mandates you review it, and yet another makes you show what you did about the information provided.
I have not seen a matrix that shows the flow for the 2000 revision, but have thought how useful it would be. This week is shot for time, but I may take this on as a project while on vacation next week - anyone have any format ideas? Oor better yet, know of this being done already that I can borrow from? ;)

Anyway, I hope you found this information helpful Anthon.
Best Regards, Eileen

D

dbulak

OK all you consultants and ISO gurus! The lady has a great idea in the matrix concept. Has anyone come up with a matrix one or have the registrars come up with one for their auditors that they would be willing to share?

Top Bottom