8.2.1 Customer Satisfaction - Is Internal Customer Satisfaction Employee Satisfaction

E

erichau

In 8.2.1 clause, the note interprets that customer include both internal and external customers, and from clause 8.2.1.1 I know when I perform a customer satisfaction measurement, I need to monitor the perfomance indicators it refers to, but what indicators I need to monitor when I perform a satisfaction measurement to internal customer?
Is the internal customer satisfaction in-fact the employee satisfaction, and the indicators shall include such as:
1) payment satisfaction;
2)training satisfaction;
3)work enviroment and safty, etc.

Some one please help me.

M

mguilbert

Re: 8.2.1 Customer Satisfaction - Is Internal Customer Satisfaction Employee Satisfac

I do not interpret the employee satisfaction as an internal "customer" satisfaction. To me an internal customer is one who receives the product which you create. ie at my company (Poultry) our egg depot supplies hatching eggs to the hatcheries. These eggs can be upside down, broken, or have incorrect counts. In the example the egg depot is the supplier and the hatchery is the internal customer. Another example say you are a retailer like Walmart that receives products from a distribution center. The dist. center may send the wrong product, qty, or damaged product as well deliver the product late.

Hope this helps,

Last edited by a moderator:
M

mguilbert

Re: 8.2.1 Customer Satisfaction - Is Internal Customer Satisfaction Employee Satisfac

This post is in the ISO/TS 16949:2009 thread. Internal customer satisfaction is a requirement. And one's internal customer could be another employee.

True, one's internal customer can be another employee. But he cited "payment satisfaction"; "training satisfaction"; and "work environment/satsifaction". In my examples I was trying to show that an internal customer is one who recieves the product of anothers work ie if I order parts from the parts department and they send the wrong part or I have to stop my line because the part is slow in being brought to my station to me that is way to measure your internal customer satisfaction. I apologize if my examples did not seem clear. Even though my company is only ISO 9001 we evaluate both internal and external satisfaction. IMO. the examples listed to monitor were more about employee satisfaction not customer. I will edit my initial response accordingly. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin

Internal customer satisfaction is a requirement. And one's internal customer could be another employee.
Typically notes in ISO Standards are not requirements, but meant as clarifications to the requirements preceding them.
ISO/TS16949:2009 said:
Paragraphs marked “NOTE” are for guidance in understanding or clarifying the associated requirement.
We've had many discussions in this forum about "internal customers" and my strong position is that we must use common and business sense to apply the concept of internal customers. For example, a Ford Engine Assembly plant could have as a customer, a Ford Vehicle Assembly Plant. Since both entities are part of the same corporation, the customer could be considered an internal customer.

If we were to extrapolate the concept of "internal customers" to downstream departments and individual employees, we would end up with a nightmarish bureaucracy; after all, if we are going to implement a customer satisfaction monitoring process for "employees", then we should also implement contract review process between departments and individuals; where would that end? :mg:

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator

Typically notes in ISO Standards are not requirements, but meant as clarifications to the requirements preceding them.

True, I stand to be corrected. Shame on me...

C

Chance

I hope the OP will come back and let us know if it is now clear or not.
IMHO this is simple:
Internal customer = is the one who receives the output of the first process to continue performing the next process. :rolleyes:
Internal customer satisfaction means = you have to track if parts/output from the first process was given to the next one on time, in good condition, quality and quantity.

E

erichau

Yeah,I got it now.
Would someone please share an internal customer satisfaction survey record with me?
Thank you all.

Top Bottom