9001 + 14001 Internal Auditing Process checklist, flowchart or questionnaire

spacey

Involved In Discussions
Hello

When internal auditing to 9001 in the past I have used a flowchart with suggested questions to help gather information and evidence with the internal audit itself.

There are five areas on the flowchart with Process being the main and then questions on Inputs, Controls, Mechanisms feeding into the Process area and then an Output section followed by effectiveness.

I have found this useful to refer to and now trying to find something similar for both 9001 + 14001 wondering if anyone would be able to help please

Thanks

Randy

Super Moderator
I have found this useful to refer to and now trying to find something similar for both 9001 + 14001 wondering if anyone would be able to help please
Over a history of 20 years of looking at pre-packaged material I've found that what you wind up with is a cookie cutter, pabulum flavored, devoid of anything real series of continuing bland and meaningless audits devoid of value.

It's good to have something, I agree, but people will lock themselves into the format and a vast, vast majority of the time will not stray from the path.

John C. Abnet

Teacher, sensei, kennari
Leader
Super Moderator
Hello

When internal auditing to 9001 in the past I have used a flowchart with suggested questions to help gather information and evidence with the internal audit itself.

There are five areas on the flowchart with Process being the main and then questions on Inputs, Controls, Mechanisms feeding into the Process area and then an Output section followed by effectiveness.

Thanks
Consistent with what @Randy said, a "checklist" may be a useful tool if it is simply kept in the pocket....and as a last step in the audit (discussion), it can be helpful to pull the checklist just to make sure nothing was overlooked.

Simply ask prompting open ended questions and then WAIT and LISTEN to the auditee's response. The response will often provide the next line of questioning.

Hope this helps.
Be well.

jam325

Starting to get Involved
When internal auditing to 9001
+14001

I have used an audit checklist in the past with success. However, it was very sparse and was simply helping to make sure I hit certain points. The real meat of the audit was done though other questioning and following along with the process. The questions on the checklist were things like "Do you know the quality policy?", "Can you locate your work instructions?", "Where are your training records?". I used checklists for 9001, 14001, OSHA, and some other standards.

This was primarily when I had several (10-15) programs in a single building that each had to be audited once a year. The checklist helped make sure I hit the main points with all of the programs and gave an easy record to refer to later when needing to show that an audit was completed.

Hope this helps!

Top Bottom