Anyone ever worked with the program Rapidminer to datamine databases

01mercy

Involved In Discussions
Hi all,

I'm curious has anyone ever worked with the program Rapidminer to datamine databases in order to get prediction data?

If so I would like to know if anyone can tell me of a free source where I can learn to understand (in depth) the different operators in a datamining program.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
V

vetes

In my office we have never used any type of official datamining software. Typically we will use the tools within the database itself to first create some type of list or CSV file that can then be manipulated in another program. If the host database has enough features typically you can get enough information. Then comes the mining. We use Microsoft Excel and Access depending on what kind of information is needed. Once we had a large amount of data residing in a maintenance database. We were able to get all the records for a certain time period as a CSV file. That was then imported into Access and separated by other identifiers in a query and the values were then merged with operations data, again in a query using dates. Finally, Reliability metrics were then determined in another query using Access equations.

01mercy

Involved In Discussions
Thanks all for the feedback.

Anyone than knows some quides on defining atributes etc. and how to define right queries to be able to work with the extraction of a database?

Top Bottom