API Q1 Quality Manual Example - Trying to convert an existing ISO 9001 QMS

M

mftexas54

The scenario that I have is a wellhead component fab shop. The fabrication is of casing and tubing heads, this to 6A. The shop has procedures and work instructions for the operations that they actually perform. Their final product is then an assembly which consists of purchased valves, heads that they machine from forgings, other components that are machined from castings. It seems that there should be some designing involved which would be the final product. How would the design be validated and the process controlled? Then it would seem that the purchased products such as forgings, castings, and valves would have the design controls at the point of fabrication or sub-vendors. The control could be through quality audits and approval of the sub vendor procedures for design review plus approval of final drawings. Does this make sense or am I on the wrong path?

V

ValveNerd

Yeah I didn't think about including vendor audit's as part of the D&D control. Adding that my procedure would be:

1. Audit company performing design, assure they comply to approved vendor procedures.

2. All designs would be reviewed by our engineer and signed off on. Copies kept as records.

3. I'd take our standard test procedures and run them at 100% for the first 3 - 6 months as a probation period. Our standard test procedures (seat, shell, critical dimension, small 3 - 5% random NDE per order which I'd increase).

4. Finally, get customer satisfaction reviews from major customers ordering the new product.

BUT?
This would all go in my procedure manual right? The QA manual would just state that controls would be in place to verify and validate the success of the new design. Is that correct?

M

mftexas54

I have been working with an auditor with a very high success rate in converting ISO to Q1 and also obtaining the license to apply the monogram. I will see how this is addressed in the new manual and then get back to you.

Confussed

Involved In Discussions
If you have a QAM to API Q1 7th edition the changes were easy to add to the 8th edition.

It was not much of change but a little clairification they didn't want to do much this time. Oh well lets see what in 8 yrs!! What the next change will be.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

mani.venkatesh

Re: Api Q1

Please contact Mr. Chip Evans (refer to API website) to get a copy

M

macktex

Here you go. This revision was done to comply with the new Q1 spec, so anytime you see text in italics, it represents a change done to satisfy Q1. This is true for Appendix 1 as well.

Good luck.
Thanks for this info. I am a new user, just registered and this is exactly what I was looking for.
Regards, macktex

D

dandy_toy

hello
does anyone have a sample api spec q1 9th edition manual
need to have a look
regards
thanks in advance

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader

As a reminder to everyone - Sorry - We do not share copyrighted documents here such as the API Q! document. Sharing copyrighted documents will only get me in trouble.

But - If you're looking for an example "quality manual" based upon API Q1, that's OK.

D

dandy_toy

hello
yes that correct im looking for a sample documentation or examples as we will anyway translate and transform the documents to our local language (russia) so no copyright can be abused.
just need samples) if anyone can share that will be great! regards and have a nice day

P

PVS Krishna

API Q1 9th editionQuality Manual Example

Hello, Can any one help me to provide API Q1 9th edition Manual related to oil & gas industry.

Regards,
PVS,Krishna

Top Bottom